Yuck! look what I combed out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuck! look what I combed out!

I always have believed in finishing dogs with a greyhound comb cause I always say that it will find what the brush didn't find. Look what I combed out after the bath, blow out, brush, blow out again, brushed again, and combed with a wide tooth comb. After all that I used my greyhound to finish the look and I went to take the accumulated hair off the comb and I found this. The dog didn't bleed, flinch, or cry. I couldn't even find out where it came from. She was a shepherd mix, very hairy. The manager said it was a cyst. I say it was the nastiest thing I've seen. Gross Out!
    Attached Files

Ewww. I've had a skin tag come literally flying off a dog when I was drying it. The dog didn't care.

Comment

Yep, cyst! gross....
      I have done this before, too.
      Or it could be a piece of a floppy wart,,,yerk either way!!!....
      Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
      www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

Looks like a hairy brain!!! U*G*L*Y!!!!!
        www.gomobileandsucceed.com
        http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

Thats what I was going to say... wart. Some dogs get warts and some get these things that are warts but are only attached by a 'stem' sort of thing... Ive combed out a few over the years. I still say the grossest 'body' thing was... a groomer who was combing out a tail.. . turned it slightly to comb out the other side... SPLAT ! the slight twist of the tail stretched the skin enough to pop out a sebaceous cyst... it shot just past her head hitting the wall. When we looked to see where it came from, felt around on the tail, found a HUGE hole remaining... no blood, just like a boil has burst.

Comment

YUCK!!

That is nasty, I swear some of the things we run across, or blow out or comb out or shave off... YUCKY!!
            ***Darlynn***
            ***DON"T HATE ME BECAUSE IM POODLEFUL!!***

Comment

Um, isn't that Veterinarian care?

Hee hee. You might have saved them a few bucks. Blaaaagh. It does look a lot like a little brain.
              Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

yuck, that's cool. In a gross way.

Comment

And clients have the nerve to complain about our prices, with comments like how it costs more for the dog than a person. My hair stylist has thankfully never combed anything like that out of my hair! Nor have I ever peed on her, pooped on her, or tried to bite her! I've also never had her trim my "personal" parts!

Comment

Originally posted by Ali Kat View Post
                    And clients have the nerve to complain about our prices, with comments like how it costs more for the dog than a person. My hair stylist has thankfully never combed anything like that out of my hair! Nor have I ever peed on her, pooped on her, or tried to bite her! I've also never had her trim my "personal" parts!
                    This comment got me to thinking .. and unfortunately when I get to thinking I make a few calls lol.
                    I hear the same comments repeatedly from clients about the cost of a full grooming so I decided to do a little research myself. Now this may not include discount type hair salons but it will give an idea of a going rate for more of an moderate to upscale salon.

So I called a hair salon which also does nails.. being one that used to have my nails done on a weekly basis I was not at all surprised at the cost.these are just starting rates
                    pedicure $40
                    manicure $30
                    woman's hair cut $48
                    mens hair cut $34

and if you really want to get into detail a bikini wax starts at $40. now I don't recommend waxing a dog ouch lol but those of you that hear the same complaint over and over again can relate to this.. for the most parts pricing for a whole dog is a much better deal than clients realize.

Comment

That is so gross. It really does look like a little brain.

Comment

AHHH.....

it's such a glamorous job! lol!

Comment

Working...
                        X