Cat Show this weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat Show this weekend

I have the privilege of showing 2 of the coolest Marble bengal kittens this weekend in Arcadia, CA. One kitten is a brown marble with a incredible pattern and the other is his sister and she is a Seal Mink Marble and is also pretty awsome looking. I will post some pics when I get home.

It's been a little while since I last showed, so I am very excited. Wish me luck.

Scott

They sound gorgeous. Can't wait to see the pix. Do well and have fun!
    "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Has never been to a cat show, do you put a tiny little leash around thier necks and make them run in tiny little circles???? Hehehe,, my mom said I tried that with our cat Smokey when I was about 2 & 1/2. Lucky for Smokey, mom stopped me before I killed the poor cat. Have fun, hope you win!

Comment

Have fun! It's been some years since I've last been to a cat show.

Comment

Please send pix of that kittie, it sounds beautiful!!!!!!! Good luck!

sittingpretty

Comment

Bengal cats...Yay!!!

I am new to this forum. I'm a CMG, been grooming for about 25 years. But I'm excited to see another Bengal person! We have two ten month old registered Bengals, we love them so much!!! What cattery are your cats from? Ours are from Kanpur Bengals.

Comment

oh i would love to go to the cat show,where is it being held at?good luck with your kitties

Comment

good luck, hope you win!

Comment

Originally posted by FurBabies View Post
                  I am new to this forum. I'm a CMG, been grooming for about 25 years. But I'm excited to see another Bengal person! We have two ten month old registered Bengals, we love them so much!!! What cattery are your cats from? Ours are from Kanpur Bengals.
                  I own 4 F1 Bengals, 2 F2's and 3 SBT's (regular bengals). All my Bengals are from Exoticrose Bengals here in Riverside, CA.

Here is a couple of pis of the Seal Mink Marble girl I will be showing:

http://s276.photobucket.com/albums/k...t=CIMG0058.jpg
                  http://s276.photobucket.com/albums/k...t=CIMG0057.jpg

And here are pics and videos of all my various cats:

http://s276.photobucket.com/albums/kk40/BengalCatGuy/

Scott

Comment

Originally posted by RudyRoo View Post
                    Has never been to a cat show, do you put a tiny little leash around thier necks and make them run in tiny little circles???? Hehehe,, my mom said I tried that with our cat Smokey when I was about 2 & 1/2. Lucky for Smokey, mom stopped me before I killed the poor cat. Have fun, hope you win!
                    Actually, most of my cats walk on leases.

But no they don't prance around like dogs...lol.

They go into cages that surround the judge. The judge takes out each cat and places it on a judging bench (small table) where they look and feel the cat, check its structure, etc. When the judge is done they place in back into the cage.

There are separators between the cages so that the cats can't easily see one another. And they put the cats into the cages boy-girl-boy-girl, you really don't want 2 boys next to each other.

Scott

Comment

Hey Scott, thanks for posting this. Hope your cats are big winners--competing is always more fun when you win!

Comment

WOW, that first pix is amazing! it looks like she has just finished with creative grooming, and what a great color job! J/K! I think she is beautiful!

Hope you day has gone well!!

sittingpretty

Comment

Beautiful Seal Mink Marble!

Originally posted by BengalCatGuy View Post
                          I own 4 F1 Bengals, 2 F2's and 3 SBT's (regular bengals). All my Bengals are from Exoticrose Bengals here in Riverside, CA.

Here is a couple of pis of the Seal Mink Marble girl I will be showing:

http://s276.photobucket.com/albums/k...t=CIMG0058.jpg
                          http://s276.photobucket.com/albums/k...t=CIMG0057.jpg

And here are pics and videos of all my various cats:

http://s276.photobucket.com/albums/kk40/BengalCatGuy/

Scott
                          Really nice cats...Gorgeous Marble! Mine are SBT's, TICA certified. (And my cats walk on leashes too!) These are the first Bengals we've had and they are SO different than other cats. How do you find living with F1 and 2's? Do your cats all get along together? We are in the process of building a cattery attached to an entrance through a window into the house. Can't wait to see pictures from the show!

Comment

Furbabies...another Bengal owner here. I got mine as a stray....just showed up at the shop one day!

He is a spotted one, similar to the one in BengalCatGuys photos...(the dark cat in the photo to the left of the dog photo) He has lots of glitter and LOVES to give kisses! I adore this cat!

RudyRoo....you should get to a cat show. They are lots of fun and soooo different then dog shows. I like that all the cats are benched for the day, so you can come at any time and see the breed you are interested in. The owners decorate their crates in fancy styles.

I also like that the judge will explain what they like about the cats they are judging...."I like this cats head...the tail is a little short...nice depth of body...etc etc...

BengalCatGuy....I love those exercise wheels...wish I had enough room in my house for one. We use the treadmill instead....yes, mine walks on a leash too....(what is it with us Bengal owners anyway?! <grin> ) Of course, with the treadmill, I have to walk on it with him....oh well, I can use the exercise I guess.

Hope you did well at the show....you have beautiful cats...

namaste....dogma

Comment

Thanks for the pictures Scott. I always love looking at your beautiful cats.
                              Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

Working...
                              X