No announcement yet.

Powerball for wrist / hand protection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powerball for wrist / hand protection?

I am still waiting to see what happens in terms of a long term grooming career but obviously I am still very interested seeing as I am researching lot sof new products

I am a bit worried about my hands. My joints were already feeling a bt sore after a year and a half of grooming but I am hoping it was to do with stress and overworking. I am taking extra calcium every day, fish oils and I am wondering about getting hand massage or acupuncture every couple of months to help. I really don't want to return to grooming only to have to leave in a couple of years because of joint pain. My thunbs still tingle now and I am not sure if it is just from the grooming or perhaps my hands / genetics / a problem. They aren't too sore but I don't want to find out the hard way. My overall health is excellent - I dance, swim and wil take up yoga again when I am back to grooming.

Anyway, any advice to help keep my hands in top knotch?

I have found this product online that a friend uses for RSI (He is an animator) and it works well for him. Do you think using something like this before a problem develops will help? Anyone used a powerball?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Powerball-25...d=JZU16UE4W24S

Any tops -really appreciated!

PowerBall

I think maybe I missed something....the video is real cute but didn't do much of a job explaining the product to me......just what does this thing due to help the wrist???? Please let me know if I missed all of the info.

When I first saw your post, I thought ,"well, if you hit the "Power Ball" (lottery), there would be little need to worry about wrist pain in the future!

-sittingpretty

Comment

Ugh, win the lottery, if only. Would probably help if I bought a ticket!

It is supposed to help stretch and tone muscles in ways that daily life doesn.t. My friend suffers from RSI but since using it daily, his condition had improved to the point he can draw again. I am just wondering if someone was to use this or other hand devices before problems begin, whether it would keep issues at bay.

Comment

Originally posted by sittingpretty View Post
        I think maybe I missed something....the video is real cute but didn't do much of a job explaining the product to me......just what does this thing due to help the wrist???? Please let me know if I missed all of the info.

When I first saw your post, I thought ,"well, if you hit the "Power Ball" (lottery), there would be little need to worry about wrist pain in the future!

-sittingpretty
        HAHAH That's what I thought too!!! The "PowerBall" could definitely help one avoid wrist pain, except for maybe counting all that cash!

Comment

make sure your scissors are sharp, when my starts giving me fits its because my scissors are working me, not me working the scissors, lol. accupuncture and massage at least 1 a month regardless if you have issues is sooo worth it. Just makes ya feel good. Also, if you are having problems with your 'holding' hand , check to see exactly how you are holding the dogs. I sometimes catch myself hanging on to a face/chin a little too tight, afraid if i dont the dog will move. the most valuable thing I 'relearned' at the last grooming seminar was to relax when I groom, when I relax the dog relaxes, meaning for me, I don't have to put their heads up high like I thought i did for control (not in a choking position, but higher than is really necessary). the dogs are actually more relaxed with the loop lower where they are in a more comfortable position.

Comment

That's interesting you say that Henry because at the end of my time in the last salon when I was particularly sore, I was very unhappy with the sharpener that my boss was using for our scissors. Didn't keep sharp for very long, in fact I was noticing problems within a few days of their return. I was also very tense because of problems in the salon - confliciting staff members, being overworked, a groomer who constantly called in sick or left early for her kids and muggins here would have to work twice as hard / come in early / work late... The dogs noticed my stress, perhaps my hands did too.
            Maybe I just need to spoil myself more - lots of massages and relaxing spa days.

Comment

Working...
            X