Pet Effects Shampoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pet Effects Shampoo

Hi everyone, new member although I have been learning alot reading LOTS of your informative posts. Just opened a new shop on the Beach in Fl and was wondering what anyone thought of Pet Effects shampoo? Have a very beachy theme in the shop and I saw they had some tropical scents, and was curious if anyone used them before?

If not I would love any suggestions, like I said very beach theme cause we are right on the beach!

thanks for all your help

Danielle

I didn't like it and the scents dont carry over once the dog is dry. For long lasting great smelling dogs I like Grimeinator, the Ez Groom shampoos and believe it or not fresh pet. The EzGroom special edition shampoo keeps them smelling great for a week. Same with Grimeinator.

Comment

Welcome Danielle!

I agree w/ Jadenlea...their shampoos smell ok in the bottle, but there is almost zero residual smell after bath and HV.

One exception...is a concoction my assistant came up with 3 years ago...we call it "You Know, That Summer Stuff".
      We mix 1 part Bio-Groom's Groom 'n Fresh w/ 3 parts of the Pineapple-Mango Pet Effects, and it does smell very beachy, and has decent residual sniff too. Gotta be Bio-Groom's Groom 'n Fresh...not the other company's Fresh 'n something.

A couple other Summer type things are DVM's HyLyt...it's hypo, and smells of a light suntan lotion (55.00 a gallon, if you can stomach that), and while I really don't care for "fruity" smells...I do like to finish some of the dogs off w/ a spritz of Nature's Specialties Island Coconut Mist in the beach months.

Somebody, maybe Top Performance(?)....makes a Sea Breeze shampoo. I've found that to be hit-or-miss w/ the smell...like maybe the person in charge of putting the "smell" in on the assembly line...goes to lunch and forgets to tell anyone. Once or twice I got a gallon that just smelled mildly of toothpaste,not at all like a breeze coming off the ocean. It was still pretty colored blue shampoo...but the smell was sort of repulsive. That only happened twice tho.
      Last edited by 4Sibes; 05-12-10, 07:20 PM. Reason: got my shampoo name mixed up.
      Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

I opened a shampoo sample yesterday that smelled like eau de vomit....
        Debi
        http://www.uppypuppydogsalon.com
        My life is lived in the company of dogs

Comment

Originally posted by dogymom View Post
          I opened a shampoo sample yesterday that smelled like eau de vomit....
          I smelled that at the beach more than once in my younger years. Of course it was I, taking care of unwell people.

Comment

Thank you all for the warm welcome and comments..I went a head and ordered 1 gal of the sunkissed breeze,i'll try it out on my stinky dobies! I have used the griminator before in other salons I worked at and I thought it smelled like tide and its a great shampoo and priced great. I guess the old saying if it anit broke dont fix it comes in play here !!!....thanks again

Comment

Hey FLBeach...will you post what you think of that after you try it out?

Comment

I just used up the last of my pet effects shampoo and will never buy more...it dries out your hands HORRIBLY!!! I had a few complaints about dogs itching too. I am now trying Davis Sugar Cookie...so far I like it, but again, doesn't leave much of a scent...

Comment

Working...
                X