Need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some help

I have a sealy bitch puppy who really needs a name and I am hitting the wall trying to come up with a name that is catchy. I name my dogs after old rock and roll or sometimes country songs, or things that have something to do with Harlley Davidson's. The prefix is Thunder Rd . I had Tr Chrome and Steel a line from a Neil Young song , thats an example and The dam's name is Tr Wild Mountain Honey, I also have Tr This Kiss and we call her Bliss.
    Any ideas? I have a page with possible names all over it and can't decide. Every time I think of something, the next day I don't like it! Yikes!

Pet's should be

named with one syllable, this works the best for training a dog ,because it is easy for dogs to hear and relate to .

like old favorites: spot
    Rex
    not that I would choose these either,but

long complicated names will make it hard for a dog to understand

Comment

How about

TR Leather and lace old stevie nicks song

Comment

Thunder Road Kick Start My Heart, call him Kicker!
        Lisa VanVleet, RVT

Comment

How about American Honey

Song by Lady Antebellum. You could call name her anything in the Lyrics some of which are: She grew up on a side of the road
          Where the church bells ring and strong love grows
          She grew up good
          She grew up slow
          Like American honey

Steady as a preacher
          Free as a weed
          Couldn't wait to get goin'
          But wasn't quite ready to leave
          So innocent, pure and sweet
          American honey

There's a wild, wild whisper
          Blowing in the wind
          Calling out my name like a long lost friend
          Oh I miss those days as the years go by
          Oh nothing's sweeter than summer time
          And American honey
          Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

I got a few ideas. I do the same hence Mary J. How about Thunder Road Cinnamon Girl (I love Neil Young too we are both from Winnipeg too) another Thunder Road Jolene (from the great Dolly Parton song)Thunder Roads Precious Love (Great Marvin GayemTammy Terrel song) Thunder Road Isn't she lovely (Stevie Wonder song) I am naming my little boy pup I call Beenie after a fave reggae singer Beenie Man TomCat n' Lyric's Dreadlock Holiday
            "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
            Quote:Cath

Comment

The only way I can come up with a proper name to suit the dog...is to spend an appreciable amount of time with it to get to know it's personality.
              Send her on down here for a year or two...and I guarantee I'll get you your good name.

How's about Thunder Road's Jam Session...you can call her "Smucker" and just pray there is never a typo in the show catalogs!

I know, I know,....I'm high-tailing it back to the drawing board as we speak, lol!
              Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

Forget my previous name suggestion.

It just occurred to me....when you breed her and she has puppies, you'll be introducing her like.... "and this is Mother Smucker".
                That seriously violates the one syllable guideline. Although is certainly fulfills tying in a Harley theme....
                Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

Old Songs?

Originally posted by epilady View Post

I have a sealy bitch puppy who really needs a name and I am hitting the wall trying to come up with a name that is catchy. I name my dogs after old rock and roll or sometimes country songs...The dam's name is Tr Wild Mountain Honey,
                  Remember Jim Stafford's old song?

WILDWOOD FLOWER grew wild on the farm
                  And we never knowed what it was called
                  Some said it was a flower and some said it was a weed
                  I didn't give it much thought

Comment

Desertdogs64--I'm pretty sure she is looking for a show name. Spot may be a great call name, but it's a lousy show dog name. One or two syllable names do indeed make great call names. Example, most working police dogs have a two syllable name that ends in a vowel...just seems to work best for training, and they stuck with it.

Tr It's the Journey "Journey" makes a good call name. From the HD slogan It's not the destination, it's the journey.

Tr Rebel By Choice

Comment

Originally posted by 4sibes View Post
                      it just occurred to me....when you breed her and she has puppies, you'll be introducing her like.... "and this is mother smucker".
                      roflmao!!!
                      ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
                      Apparently common sense isn't all that common
                      *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

Thanks

I already have a Leather and Lace, do really like that name. A Drift Away, Kisses Sweeternwine, Secondhandnews, is Rumor, Crystal Visions is Twinkle, Faraway Look for girls. Have a Mr Earl,call name Speedo , he went to Portugal , Burning Love, Elvis , Germany, Rebel Rebel, Bowie ,Brazil.
                        Keep em' coming. I kinda like Thunder Rd Fly Like an Eagle , call her Stevie. Her sister is TR Flying High at Goodspice, call name Piper. Not my choosing.

Comment

Being an old fart myself, and having spent a few years singing in a bar band, your theme is close to my heart. And I got lots of ideas.

From Bob Segar songs, how about TR Watch Her Strut, TR Night Moves, or TR Rosalee.

Another suggestion, TR Chrome Plated Heart.

Comment

thunder roads 'you shook me all night long'

i love ac/dc, lol

Comment

Sorry.I did not

realize that, I don't breed dogs or show them,there are too many dogs in this world to be breeding them,this is a fact though " 1 in every 5 dogs in a animal shelter onces was a puppy the someone was breeding for money". As for training 1 syllable names work the best.

Originally posted by SwissNChow View Post
                              Desertdogs64--I'm pretty sure she is looking for a show name. Spot may be a great call name, but it's a lousy show dog name. One or two syllable names do indeed make great call names. Example, most working police dogs have a two syllable name that ends in a vowel...just seems to work best for training, and they stuck with it.

Tr It's the Journey "Journey" makes a good call name. From the HD slogan It's not the destination, it's the journey.

Tr Rebel By Choice

Comment

Working...
                              X