Oh, Jakey! That is just naaaasty!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, Jakey! That is just naaaasty!

So I'm sitting on the couch, watchin a bit of TV on my day off when in comes Jake the cat, my resident troublemaker whose trials and tribulations you are all no doubt aware of by now. Completely ignoring the 1800 sq.ft. of Pergo flooring available, he stalked to the middle of my grandmother's persian rug, hunched over, stretched his neck out and began to urk and gag. Thinking it might be a hairball or something, I went over to investigate (its always wise to check when it comes to Jakey. We ignore his antics at our own peril). His mouth was open and I saw what at first appeared to be a shiny black stick stuck in his throat. Alarmed, I grabbed his scruff with one hand, reached into the back of his throat and grabbed for the foreign object.

It wasn't a stick. It was a beak. Attached to it was a blue jay head. A spitty, half-barfed on, bedraggled HEAD. A FREAKING HEAD, people! OMG, I just pulled a sodden, decapitated, HEAD out of my cat's throat! Utterly grossed out, I stood in the middle of the rug, holding this horrid thing between two fingernails while Jakey, completely unfazed by his ordeal, wound anxiously around my ankles, gazing hopefully up at the prize dangling between my fingers and meowing eagerly. His frantic appeal awoke Lucy, Emily, and Cleo, who all came running into the room to investigate. The whining increased by a factor of 3. The three newcomers didn't know what I had in my hand, but if Jakey was that worked up about it, it must be something good.

Dodging cats, I slipped out the front door with the offending object gingerly held in front of me and scurried around to the garbage cans, where I gave it a proper burial. I went inside and washed my hands about 50 times. I then called my DH at work (LOL) and informed him what his cat had done. He thought it was hilarious until I told him I could easily retrieve the head and use it as a garnish on his dinner tonight. He agreed it was indeed a horrid experience. Then I hopped on pg.com to make this post so I could share this afternoon's adventures with you lovely folk. I couldn't possibly keep something like this to myself!
    Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
    George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Disgusting!

Comment

EWWWWW I just threw up a little in my mouth at the thought of this..... Boy that beats me pullin a mouse tail from my cats mouth thinking it was string.... Yuck.
      "I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt,
      and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck
      www.wagmoresalon.com

Comment

The joys of pets! One of mine left a half eaten rabbit on my pillow, yeech.
        ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

wow i would never be able to do that...that is so disgusting!

Comment

EWWW!

Our male cat used to bring "prizes" home, too! We got him a bell and haven't had a prize since. I wonder if he wonders what happened to his hunting prowess!

Comment

I stopped tp pick up a rasin the kids had left on the floor only to find I had just picked up a severed mouse head. I still cringe even thinking about it.
              What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

GROSS!!
                Lisa VanVleet, RVT

Comment

We had a cat that killed and entire family of baby bunnies, ripped them to bits and strew them about the neighbors yard. Thankfully the neighbor (a family friend) has a strong stomach.

Comment

Ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!
                    ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
                    Apparently common sense isn't all that common
                    *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

I walked in on one of my Danes once who had a VERY guilty look and a partially open mouth. Knowing from past times her proclivity for eating bizaar things, I raised my voice to her "What have you got?!" She was laying down, so she lowered her head to the floor, opened her mouth, and out walks a quite bedraggled baby chick! Talk about Sylvester and Tweetie Bird. Chick was none the worse for the experience, just slobbery. I'm sure it had a tale to tell mama hen! Same dog had a penchant for gravel, socks, cedar shavings, panties and sheetrock. Oh, and horse hooves(not attached to the horse).

Comment

Our boy cats bring stuff home all the time. Once a bird, by the head, wings still a flappin! They also like to bring mice in and let them go! Picture us at 2:00 in the morning, moving all the furniture looking for the little bugger. They sure are fast! My sister in law's cat brought in a baby rattlesnake that was still alive. That's scary!

Comment

poor kitty. The heads are the yummiest part, you swiped his dessert.

Elise, when I was a kid one household rule was that none of us were allowed to step foot outdoors until Dad was up and had taken the pushbroom out to clear the patio of the snakes that my cat was always bringing home. She never killed the blasted things but seemed to delight in dragging them home. Probably just to prove how [email protected] she was.

Comment

Good thing you were there to help him. Neela presented my parents with a rat head when they were here last summer. I was at graduation rehearsal and so did not have to be mortified. They thought it was funny, she was feeding the guests. Dickens never eats rats, he leaves them for us. She scarfs everything she can get her paws on.

Comment

Working...
                            X