What they may not teach in grooming school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What they may not teach in grooming school

If you have long nails, especially fake nails, make sure you don't use them to try to get dog hair out of your mouth after just doing anal glands. (It seems even after washing some "flavor" may be left behind under the nails)

When doing anal glands make sure not to look directly at what you are doing. You may, literally, get an eye full.

Never leave an open container near a big hairy you are about to blow out if you intend to drink anymore of it

Always test how "see through" your grooming smocks become when wet BEFORE wearing them to work without a T-Shirt underneath

Never wear red nail polish while grooming. Everytime you see your fingers through the fur you'll think you cut something and have mini heart attacks.

Don't wear dark lipstick and then kiss a lightcolored dog in the forehead right before they leave.

Make sure when you are putting bows on a cute little girly dog, that she is REALLY a SHE

If your smock snaps isntead of zips make sure you wear a T-shirt underneath. One paw caught at the right spot and you can easily be exposed.
    What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Most Excellent!

I just love the comments...especially about the anal glands. YUK>

Poochlady

Comment

[QUOTE=mylady;412344]If you have long nails, especially fake nails, make sure you don't use them to try to get dog hair out of your mouth after just doing anal glands. (It seems even after washing some "flavor" may be left behind under the nails)

This may very well be THE most disgusting thing I have ever read on this forum!

Comment

sprayed in the face, yuck!

[QUOTE=When doing anal glands make sure not to look directly at what you are doing. You may, literally, get an eye full..[/QUOTE]

I use to work with a groomer that would very frequently come show me the anal gland juice that had sprayed on her glassses. I always wondered and I even asked her, "What are you doing that I'm not doing?" Gross, she would spray it everywhere, high, low, left and right. I like to go toward the drain and away. Oh my goodness what a nasty thing! Oh my, oh my.

Comment

LOL, well it didn't happen to me, but I was witness to it as my groomer did it and then almost threw up on the spot! I laughed so hard I had to sit down.

Also, there is no bra that is dog hair proof. A good pair of tweezers is a groomers best friend! Always have some with you.

If you don't wear socks and wear slide on shoes, those tweezers may be needed for your feet!

Always shake out your cash before using it. No one likes getting hairy money

Before bathing a dog, check pockets for cell phones or other items you don't want to get wet. I'm on cell phone number (let me take off my shoes...)

If you're mobile, drive courteously, you ARE driving around with your phone number on your rig!

check any towels laying around thoroughly before using them to wipe your face. You never know who's cleaned poo with what.

Comment

Originally posted by mylady View Post

Never leave an open container near a big hairy you are about to blow out if you intend to drink anymore of it

I am old enough to remember when they came out with mugs/cups with covers that could be slid open & closed. Not the plastic top for styrofoam but real insulated ceramic coffee mugs!

Now every coffee place has variations but they are such a blessing. Before?....... if you worked in this field, you learned how to drink 'through your teeth' then used a finger to 'wipe off the hair'....ROFL

sorry if this may gross out some of you but some 'old timers' may recall having to do this.

Comment

[QUOTE=mylady;412421]

If you're mobile, drive courteously, you ARE driving around with your phone number on your rig!

Can I tell you a funny story? Im only telling it because I'm so tired.

I few years ago I stopped at a gas station to fill up my tank before an appointment. When I pulled up to the pump the attendant made me move to another pump which got me grouchy. Then when he put the pump in my tank it took FOREVER to fill and then, all of a sudden, the gas poured down the side of my van. Well, I had a hairy conniption in my van. Then I had a big fight with the attendant who could barely spoke english. When I went to leave I opened my window in front of al these people pumping gas and yelled, "THIS GAS STATION SUCKS!!!!" and peeled out in my grooming van. LOLOL OMG wet noze was soooo bad. I still laugh about it! I guess I wasn't too courteous my lady. I just blew a gasket.
              www.gomobileandsucceed.com
              http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

Always check the overhead clearance before driving up to the speaker at a Sonic. [sigh]
                "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Ok, I can't stop laughing you all.

I have decided my daily diet now consist of dog hair, dog dander, with just a hint of nail clippings. I can't tell you how many times I would be talking to one of dogs telling them how good they are when a floating hair or a nail clipping fly off and seems to shoot right into my mouth. Then I spend the next 45 minutes of the groom trying to get that one hair out of my mouth only to shove about 10 more in. Some of them I never find!

Comment

Make sure you get a receipt after pumping gas when you use your credit card. Yesterday, I was talking on the phone when I went to get gas. Slid my card in the reader and filled up. Since I was on the phone, not paying attention, I did not get my reciept and drove off. Got a few nasty messages on my voice mail that said "your driver drove off without paying for gas, she has to come back and pay $58.30 or we are gonna call the cops". Well, I had already gotten all my messages for the day, so I did not get these till the next morning. The final call they said "you have til 11 am to pay this bill or we are calling the cops".When I checked the messages it was about 10:30. Good timing I guess! The guy said, the reader did not read my card, and I should have known to come in and pay! I payed over the phone and all is well. Do ya really think I would drive off and not pay with that huge van, plastered with my logo and phone number all over it? LOL
                    What does a dog do on it's day off?

Comment

Adding to thread:

Never apply chapstick just before drying a hairy dog! PFFFT!

And

Allways keep hair securely tied back when dremmeling dogs nails. Saw this happen, not pretty....

Comment

LOL yes

If you go out to dinner and think the food tastes funny it's simply because it's missing the dog hair!

Comment

I feel sorry for my stomach
                          but i have learnt to just drink the hair down. All i end up with is more hair in my mouth even after wiping ur hands on yes, another hairy towel lol

Comment

If you have long hair make sure you tie it back unless you want chunks missing. I managed to cut off chunks of my own hair even when it was braided when I had really long hair.

Comment

If you grab a small pinch of styptic powder with your and forefinger, do not use those same fingers to remove a hair from your tongue later. Styptic powder is not tasty and the customers won't understand when you start spitting in the trashcan.

Comment

Working...
                              X