Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am in Germany, wow what a place!

Dear Groomers,

I have my PG.com t-shirt on and have been exploring the old city in Nuremberg. I can't wait for dinner so I can have a traditional German meal. I have been up since six yesterday morning and am climbing up on German time. It is six hours ahead so I can keep in touch with Beth and Mark because when it is six at night here in Germany it is noon at the shop in New Jersey.

Funny I almost missed my flight because I thought it was at 8:45pm but when we looked at 4:30pm it said that the flight was at 4:15pm on my Itinerary however no problem as I got a message that the flight was postponed till 6:30pm and I just made it. I was running with Lady Luck as I am sure the airlines would have stuck it to me. That didn't help me in Frankfurt as the connection already left and I was looking at an 8 hour layover. So I got my bags and got on a high-speed train to Nuremberg and was here in a couple of hours. I guess I am a world traveler. I already miss Beth.

This is the International year of the Groomers Helper first it was Crufts in Birmingham then Nuremberg and then Belfast, Dublin and London. I am taking lots of photos and video. When I return it's off to The Colorado Groomfest. Hope to see a lot of you there to show off my photos and video of InterZoo in Germany. Now if the volcano would only cooperate or I will be taking trains everywhere.

Chuck

Nuremberg is great.

Obviously, the Heilig Geist Spital is the most expensive restaurant in the old city. But they have a local (local to the Bavarian region anyway) red wine that is wonderful. And believe it or not, the best Mexican restaurant that we ever ate at was in Nuremberg.
    If you have the time, you can't pass up going to the Dokumentationszentrum Reichparteitagsgelنnde (there's a mouthful) museum. Eerie place.

Comment

Thanks for the tips

Dear Jedd,

I dined at the Hotel Steichele a local German resturant and hotel pn Jakobstrasse in the Old City and it was very good. The brats and krout were over the top. I will try Heilig Geist Spital tonight. Thanks for the heads up.

Chuck

Comment

Chuck,
        There is a brass ring that was integrated into the metal work of the big ornate fountain right off of the main square in the old city. Be sure to find it and turn it clockwise one turn. It will supposedly bring you good luck

Comment

Here are some pics of the trip

Dear Groomers,

Nuremberg is a beautiful old world city. Here are some pics.

I can only attach 5 at a time so I will try a second post.

ChuckClick image for larger version

Name:	My apartment..jpg
Views:	2
Size:	6.1 KB
ID:	1117631Click image for larger version

Name:	Cobblestones eve&#11.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.7 KB
ID:	1117632Click image for larger version

Name:	Trainview1..jpg
Size:	5.7 KB
ID:	1117633Click image for larger version

Name:	My Hotel..jpg
Size:	6.9 KB
ID:	1117634Click image for larger version

Name:	A room with a vie.jpg
Size:	6.8 KB
ID:	1117635

Comment

Post 2 mit 5 more pictures

They are not in order but who cares.
            Attached Files

Comment

Last Set of Photos

Sorry but this is the way we post our pics.
              Attached Files

Comment

Pictures are kind of small

So upload them and blow them up. Jedd I dined at your suggested resturant and it was fabulous! Got to find that ring next.

Comment

Oh Chuck I'm so jealous!! It looks fabulous! Hope you have a safe and productive trip.
                  ~*~Robin~*~
                  "In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck View Post
                    So upload them and blow them up. Jedd I dined at your suggested resturant and it was fabulous! Got to find that ring next.
                    Whoops...I forgot...turning the ring is supposed to help with your fertility. You might want to pass on the ring Chuck. lol.

Comment

Oh No..........Now you tell me!

Dear Jedd,

I turned it clockwise, I turned counterclockwise, I spun it round and round..........I thought it was to bring me luck. I wondered why those women were following me. Now what do I do? Oh well my two turned out OK what's a couple more kids more or less? Not!

Tonight I had Vienerschnitzal. I am likeing Germany. It's 11:30 here and 6am comes real quick so I will say auf Wiedersehen.

Chuck

Comment

I got my t-shirt while on vacation in Canada. I just arrived back in Holland today and the jet lag is killing me!

Nürnberg looks beautiful! You are about 5.5 hours drive from me now.
                        I'm really just a little dog in a big dog's body (I really should cut down on those milk bones).

Comment

Working...
                        X