Natura Pet foodBreaking and heart breaking news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natura Pet foodBreaking and heart breaking news

Breaking and heart breaking news…Proctor & Gamble purchases Natura Pet Products. All the products, Innova, Evo, California Naturals, Healthwise and Karma – gobbled up by one of the Big Dogs of pet food. Now a partner food to Iams/Eukanuba. Just thought that everyone that feds these foods to thier pets would want to be aware of this. After Canadie changed it's formula a few years ago, I researched and switched my pets over to Natura. I also started selling it in my shop. Not sure what will happend now.

Thanks for the info.

I recently had to switch brands of food I carry in my shop. I used to carry Eagle Pack Holistic. It was bought by a big conglomerate and soon afterwards, pets were starting to itch and coats were suffering. I switched to Earthborn. A small company in Evanston, Indiana. My holistic vet (who also was carryinhg EP) researched many different brands of food before deciding to carry Earthborn. Then we put together a flyer notice explaining to customers that we felt the food formulas of EP were being compromised since the sale of the company and let them know the qualities of Earthborn that led us to choose them. Most of my customers had no problem with the switch. Only problem is at this point Earthborn does not make cat food. I was feeding Evo to my cats. I will now have to find another choice for my cats.
    Lisa VanVleet, RVT

Comment

hence why i am feeding raw to my kittys....this is such a pain in the butt with the pet food companies selling out!
      ugh!!! i stopped feeding the one brand of cat food (i think it was evengers? or merrick?) because of something within the company the boutique stopped carrying it.
      *sigh*
      Hound

Comment

I did feed Evo. After this news, I will no longer feed any Natura product. I will be contacting the company to inform them. I'll also be informing them that I will no longer be recommending any Natura product to my clients. P&G is an unethical company. Very sad.
        That Tenacious Terrier!
        www.thattenaciousterrier.com
        https://www.facebook.com/ThatTenaciousTerrier

Comment

Originally posted by HoundLover View Post
          hence why i am feeding raw to my kittys....this is such a pain in the butt with the pet food companies selling out!
          ugh!!! i stopped feeding the one brand of cat food (i think it was evengers? or merrick?) because of something within the company the boutique stopped carrying it.
          *sigh*
          Hound
          I've tried to get my kitties to eat raw. They just won't have it! Ugh.
          That Tenacious Terrier!

Comment

Yes, this is a shame...
            Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
            www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

We sell EVO, and Innova. We got this info last week. Not sure if the owner of my store will continue to carry it. We did think it was strange, just after money, and not really into the well being of our pets.

We also sell Wellness, and Eagle Pack (Holisic only) They were bought by Wellness. I haven't seen a difference in any pets kept on EP since the ownership changed. I think Wellness is good enough to produce Eagle Pack. They did make a few changes, but They took out the sodium, and some of the extra preservatives in rthe cat foods. All of our customers seem to be very happy since the switch.

Canidae I feel did make a bad disicion in switching their formulas we had a lot of unhappy people, with sick dogs.

We tried to sell Earthborn, it just never took off in our store.

I am currently feeding Whole Earth Farms made by merrick. I know it is the lower of their two lines, but my dogs love it, and are doing awesome on it.
              If you sweat the small stuff, all you have is small soggy stuff.....

Comment

canopenersally

its tough to transistion the kittys lol....
                abbott took to it right away (btw i have 4 now lol)
                he eats anything.
                Kitty sniffed it and walked away....
                Tucker sniffed it and walked away.
                so...what i did was switch from dry food to all canned food. and then i mixed a LITTLE TINY BIT of the raw in and mixed it with the canned and covered it realllllly well.
                kitty ate around teh raw bits and tucker ate it. then i started adding more raw to tuckers plate while still mixing tiny portions in with kittys food. eventually i got all three of them onto raw.
                yay!!! now comes cali...the newest addition to the household. she came to us from a vets office eating science diet. (or so my friend told me). so of course i buy some premium brands of cat food....nope she wouldnt eat ANY of them. so i try canned (of course i had fish flavored which of course she dosnt like...but she will eat sardines and tuna no problem? go figure?) and she finally took to that. then i started with the mixing the raw and the canned with her and she took to it. but if we switch brands of raw food it might take her a few to warm up to it. just recently we used to feed natures variety (before we had her) then switched to stella and chewys then i found teh bravo. well the bravo supplier ran out of our chicken chubs so the pet store gave us natures vareity and natures logic raw in place of it....and....cali didnt care too much for the natures logic. so im going back to my bravo.
                i would try diffrent types of the premade raw diets for kittys and mix it with some canned food. start slow but remember you cannot wait them out! try diffrent varietys of canned also if they dont like what your offering....like i said she dosnt like fishy flavored anything (not treats, or food) but give her the real thing and she'll eat it!
                good luck!
                Hound

Comment

I was soooo sad to hear this. My pups are on Innova dry and Cal Natural wet. I have been using it for YEARS now I have to find something else ... ugh

Comment

I did contact Natura in writing to let them know how unhappy I was, that I would no longer purchase their products and approximately what I was spending a month in food (4 large dogs and 3 cats all on EVO, do the math).
                    That Tenacious Terrier!

Comment

Working...
                    X