frustrated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frustrated

well I am currently working at a independently owned grooming shop as a groomer on a 1099. I am not actually being treated as an independently contracted employee though. I do not make my own appts., set my own times and prices, supply my own products or anything. When i got boned on my taxes last year i spoke with my boss and she said she would look into putting me on a w-2 since that conversation nothing has been brought up about it again. I come into work every day between 9-930 for the 6 mos i have worked there. i come in i groom my dogs in a timely manor and i go home. recently she got mad at me for my arrival time and accidentally sent me a text that was meant for her daughter that read " well she gets here when she feels like it. I guess she thinks i need her, but she find out i don't and I'll let her go." I was very upset by this. Not only is it not true but it gives her daughter a false sense of who i am. i in no way feel that she needs me or i am some gods gift to grooming shop owners and she can't go on with out me. i am very humble and appreciative of any shop i work at. And not to mention i have been arriving at the same time since i started working there if there was an issue she should have brought it up sooner, well in fear of losing my job i called petsmart on my way to work and got an interview and since then have been offered the job.... flexible hours, vacation time, benefits. i have worked for them in the past and enjoyed it there. Everything has been settled between me and my boss i showed her the text and we discussed it. I really like the shop i work at there's no drama(most of the time) everyone is very nice but i really think working at petsmart would be a smart move for me. they have a much larger clientele and benefits oh how i would love those, and most of all no 1099. I guess I'm really just venting it is just such a frustrating situation.

You are NOT an independent contractor, so you could be in a lot of trouble if the IRS calls you on it. It sounds like you have a much better opportunity ahead of you...go for it and don't look back!

Comment

What happened to mobile or are you doing the two job thing also?
      ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
      Apparently common sense isn't all that common
      *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

You know...

working at a corp box store isn't that bad on some levels. Each store is a little dofferent depending on the store director and the staff there. I did it for a while, too. Worked out great at the time, but as events unfolded with family, my situation at the box store was not workable. I chose family.

But my time there was enlightening in many ways. Had I been at a different store, I might have stayed. If this seems right for you, then go for it, don't look back on a bad situation. But I thought you had your own shop, or mobile? I must have missed something, (and BTW that's easy for me to do, LOL). Good luck, ope things work out for the positve.

Comment

Take the job that looks best for you

If it looks like a good career move to go to Petsmart, then take it. End of story.

Moonpie - this is not "Tat", up in Jacksonville. The name is almost the same, but the other Tat is Tat2D, I think, not Tat2-ed. Also, look at the number of posts - this is a very much newer poster.

Comment

Originally posted by Debbiedogs View Post
            If it looks like a good career move to go to Petsmart, then take it. End of story.

Moonpie - this is not "Tat", up in Jacksonville. The name is almost the same, but the other Tat is Tat2D, I think, not Tat2-ed. Also, look at the number of posts - this is a very much newer poster.
            I didn't even notice for once!
            I usually look so I DON'T make that mistake...I was up way toooo early this morning so thank you for straightening that out for me
            ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
            Apparently common sense isn't all that common
            *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

haha i know what are the chances we have practically the same handle and we're both in florida lol. I do house call grooming for a few clients that i have picked up from previous shops where i work currently is too far for them to drive to follow me so i go to their homes and groom for them. just a had full of people. 11 or 12 so although i'd love to own my own for realzies business it's just not in my cards right now... but thank you for all your advice i go to fill my new hire paper work out today and figure out tomorrow how to tell my boss im leaving

Comment

You can also go onto IRS.gov and read about independent contractor vs employee status. If you feel you're an employee that's been misclassified, there is a form you can fill out so they can go to the employer and get the taxes owed from them. In my younger days I used to get boned on my taxes by a boss like that, so now I want you all to know there is something you can do about it. As for Petsomething, I worked there for 5 years and liked almost everything about it. The main reasons I left were that my sister and I wanted to open a business of our own, and I couldn't use the products I wanted or play with colors and things that you can when you're the boss. Good luck in whatever you do! Happy grooming!

Comment

Originally posted by Moonpiepoodlz View Post
                  What happened to mobile or are you doing the two job thing also?
                  that is NOT NOT NOT ME!!!!!!
                  The ocean is a desert with it's life underground and the perfect disguise above><((((؛>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((؛>¸.
                  ·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((؛>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((؛>

Comment

Working...
                  X