Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grooming Question. Need Advice

Hi
    I hope that by posting this problem, I can get some advice and an idea of what to do!
    I am a certified pet groomer and have been practicing for 7 years. I own and operate my own grooming parlor. Today I received a phone call from a first time client saying that I ahd 'really messed up" their dog!!!
    Upon asking further questions, I learned that they believed that the groom I had given thier dog 6 weeks ago was now causing their dog pain as the hair was growing back on the face.
    When I asked more questions trying to get information, they kept refering to how expensive a vet bill is ect...

So, am I wrong or does hair not continue to grow the second it is cut on the face???? Does it suddenly tae 6 weeks to stimulate new growth???? I feel like I'm being jered around, but I'm worried that bad word of mouth may do a lot more damage than just paying a vet bill!!!

Anyways, anybody have a similar situation or advice as to how I should approach this situation??? As it stands, I told the clients to take the dog to the vet and that I would be willing to pay if the problem is in fact due to my grooming. Of course if it comes to that, I will contact the vet myself for confirmation to the problem!

thans for listening!

Sounds like someone trying to get something for free. If hair growth is actually causing him discomfort it is because it has been 6 weeks since his last groom and it is time to be groomed again. Stick to your guns. If you pay the vet bill they could still bad mouth you. If they are the kind of people that try to cheat others, people will recognize it for what it is.

Comment

hair grows. if they are complaining 6 weeks later....... um, I would not offer to pay anything. I'm guess they may be referring to hair growing up int the eyes. if it has been 6 weeks, its time for another clip anyway....... sounds like their looking for some free grooming.
      in the future, you could not clip or scissor the hair in front of the eyes. by combing it forward it can be trained away from the eyes. but this does take, time, patience, and work on the owners part. good luck.

Comment

This sounds like they are trying to get you to pay for something that isn't your fault or misinterpreting the vet. I would call their vet directly and ask about it but I doubt anything you did would manifest so late.

Comment

What did the dog look like

six weeks ago before you began the groom? Did he have hair one his face and in his eyes that caused trouble then? Don't be so quick to agree it must be your fault. Sounds like they need another groom and want it free or something fishy. People sure are getting creative with their reasons for free grooms. As for bad mouthing you......don't let them get to you. I doubt it can effect your business, as it sounds so stupid in the first place. Even if they said something really bad, you have faithful clients and it probably wouldn't hurt your business anyway.

This sounds like Mafia tactics. Free or I will ruin your reputation. Don't be Bullied!

Comment

Hair growth on the face will not cause pain. More then likely the dog has a tooth problem.

Six weeks is a long time to complain about a grooming. I would never offer to pay the vet bill. Way too many things could have happened in the six weeks. The dog could also have something stuck in the gum, such as chewing on a stick outside or grass.

Besides, what if they do tell people that you clipped the dogs face and when the hair started growing back it caused the dog pain? doesn't make sense, reasonalbe people will not pay any attention to them.

Comment

Wow, these people sounds nuts...... That doesn't even make any sense. It amazes me the things people come up with. There is no way I would be paying a vet bill for a ridiculous claim like that. Stick to your guns because if they try to bad mouth you with a story like that people will think that they are crazy. Good Luck.....lots of wackos out there.

Comment

Wow, these people sounds nuts...... That doesn't even make any sense. It amazes me the things people come up with. There is no way I would be paying a vet bill for a ridiculous claim like that. Stick to your guns because if they try to bad mouth you with a story like that people will think that they are crazy. Good Luck.....lots of wackos out there.

Comment

Hair growing back does not cause pain. That's just plain ridiculous. Something else going on. I would ask to see the dog. Can you imagine the laughs they will have at the vets when owner phones saying this!?? Wouldn't worry at all.
                  Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Like others have said, hair growth does not cause pain. But sometimes, if the face (or anywhere else) is clipped really closely the dog might experience some itching as the hair starts growing back. That stubble itch might cause the dog to scratch/rub his face, and an owner may interpret that as the dog being in pain.

Six weeks after the fact? Not very likely to be anything caused by the groom.

Comment

Working...
                    X