Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

bizarre and frustrating. Has this happened to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bizarre and frustrating. Has this happened to you?

So I woke up in the middle of the night last night not feeling well. I couldn't fall back to sleep and my mind drifted to
    a dog I groomed during the day. He is the one dog who I have not been able to get to come around. He is a little Shih
    who was kicked out of a bunch of shops in the area. I have made friends with him and bonded with him to the point where
    he drags his owner in running, jumps all over me and gives me kisses crawling in to my lap (He used to come in like cujo)

He lets me bath and dry him now.. but STILL after years of working with him and trying every trick in my arsenal, I cannot get near
    his face. Not with a brush,not with clippers, not with scissors. And when he goes to bite, he is deadly serious. His owners can't either. they trim his bangs while he sleeps.

while I was laying in bed, The PERFECT SOLUTION came to me. I know how I can get his face done!!!!!!!!!!! I am absolutely sure it
    will work. I resolved to call his mom in the morning and ask her to bring him back today and let me finish off his face.
    I rolled over and fell back to sleep

When I woke up this am. I remembered the whole episode of thinking about it, planning it, of being sure it would work. I CANNOT
    remember what I thought of. It is driving me crazy. I've been racking my brain all day trying to recreate my thoughts in order.
    no dice. it is on the edge of my mind but I just cant get it.

Has anyone done this????? How did you get the memory back? Is something wrong with me?

This happens to me sometimes! I'll think of some clever way to fix something or solve a problem while I am still half asleep.

Comment

i have done this a couple times...but then late at night i have wrote my thoughts down (on a book i keep by my bed) and i found that most of the were ridiculous and lacked logic..I always think the solution is perfect until i read the thought in the morning and ask myself..what was i thinking??

Comment

That's great! Or, er, not so great I can't help you much except to say you have no idea how many dogs I've groomed in my sleep! There are days I wish I didn't spend my whole night grooming dogs

Comment

That happens a lot to me and I rarely remember. Keep a note pad by your bed for random thoughts, even just a word or two might trigger the genius thought in the morning.

Comment

stop thinking about it

that's what I do and it usually comes to me.

Good luck...that would drive me crazy!

Comment

LOL Boscoe. I will be pretty bummed if it comes back to me and I realize it was idiotic Arlaede to funny about grooming dogs all night

Good idea about the journal by the bed although it is pretty rare that I wake up! I will tonight though incase it comes back to me.

Comment

Yes, but not about dog grooming

some idea or solution. Then I forget what the solution was. Yes, write it down. It might have been twilight sleep dreaming that seemed brilliant at the time, but was silly in reality. Maybe it was unscrew his head, trim and put it back on. LOL

I am soooo disappointed you don't remember, I thought you had a great idea I could use on that Yorkie! I don't usually dream about grooming. I do dream about current and past dogs I have owned.

Comment

Originally posted by Jadenlea View Post

Has anyone done this????? How did you get the memory back? Is something wrong with me?
                  Ain't it just hell to get old?

Comment

roflmao Jen. Screw the head off. OMG if only we could do that!!! Screw it off.. trim it up.. screw it back on. hahaha.

Comment

Can't help you with that one, but yes.... I often "dream" about my job and sometimes even wake up and have to ask myself if it was a dream or not. I guess our careers are just embedded in our brains. Which leads me to a somewhat funny (sorta unrelated) story.

A few years back I decided I wanted my OWN Harley. But since I had never rode any type of motorcycle MYSELF, I decided I should take a class. So I went to the HD store and signed up for a riding course. We learned to ride on Buells and on my last day I passed the riding part of my test with flying colors. All I had to do was go to the DMV and pass the written exam and I would have my license I had taken the day off work just for the occasion and after my class was over I went home and patiently waited for my husband to get home from work so I could take a spin on my FIL's HD Sportster. (our Roadking was a bit to intimidating for me) Anywho, my husband finally got home and we took the Sportster up to the mall parking lot. The mall has been closed for many years so the parking lot is empty, and there is a section of that parking lot that is used for road testing for bikers. The perfect place to test my skills. Long story short, things didn't exactly go the way I had planned. Turns out there is HUGE difference between a Buell and a Sporty. To this day, the only thing I remember is sitting on that Sporty and I do vaguely remember hearing my husband yell "don't let go of the clutch" and next thing I knew I woke up asking myself how the heck I got in a tanning bed because I was in a big white tube with alot of lights.

But that's not the funny part obviously.

When I was laying on the pavement in that mall parking lot..... unconcious..... my husband was picking the Sporty up off my body in a state of panic because he thought I was self inflicted road kill. According to him, it took 3- 4 minutes before he could get any response out of me, which at the time seemed like an hour to him. I finally opened my eyes and the very first thing that came out of my mouth was, "I have to get that dog finished".

lol

Needless to say, that was my last solo riding adventure - I never did take the written test so I never got my license. I think I'll just sit on the back of that Roadking and leave my brain in my husbands hands.

Comment

Originally posted by BoscoandKoda View Post
                        i have done this a couple times...but then late at night i have wrote my thoughts down (on a book i keep by my bed) and i found that most of the were ridiculous and lacked logic..I always think the solution is perfect until i read the thought in the morning and ask myself..what was i thinking??
                        I've done the exact some thing. They weren't grooming related, but I have woken up and thought something was so profound so I've written it in my journal. When I went back later to read I had to laugh because they had the logic of the dream world.
                        "The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog." -Ambrose Bierce

Comment

Yes, this has happened to me, and I've found the best thing I can do is stop trying so hard to think of it. If it really was a plan made with conscious thought, it'll come back. If it was made in a semi-conscious state, it may not really have been a good one to begin with.

And when you do remember it, come back here and pass it on.
                          The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit. ~Nelson Henderson

Comment

Working...
                          X