Looking for a crafty idea for my ribbons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a crafty idea for my ribbons

OK crafty people...I have no craft skills or imagination whatsoever. I have all these ribbons collected from yogi's show career. They are in a rubberbanded pile but I was trying to think of something to do with them that would be at least commerative and maybe cute and/or interesting to display or set out or hang up or whatever. Anyone have any ideas for me? For those who don't know, they are ribbons like you would receive in any type of event, about 2 inches wide and six or seven inches long, some faux silky texture. I really am inept, but can work a glue gun and perform some elementary stitching.

I've seen quilts made out of show ribbons. I don't know how expensive it would be to have this done, but the quilt was beautiful. Just an idea, probably not something you could do youself if you're not a quilter.

Comment

did you take pictures for each of his events? We made up a "timeline" for a freinds dog when he had passed away suddenly. We started with pictures from puppyhood and each of his big achievments (they were big on agility). It ended up being very nice and tasteful and hung on her wall for years. We used one of those big multi picture frames and added the ribbons and certificates in areas around it.

Comment

Shadow boxes can be picked up at anty hobby/craft store, put some thin craft foam on the back with glue,then cover with something like satin.pull the satin taut and staple to bach of the back and pin the ribbons to the foam through the satin, has room for tags telling about the win,then just close and hang, add some pics with each ribbon also,I'll say it right, tag some pics and add with the ribbons to remember each show..sheesh I coulda made it faster than telling it.
        ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

Originally posted by Luckydog0318 View Post
          I've seen quilts made out of show ribbons. I don't know how expensive it would be to have this done, but the quilt was beautiful. Just an idea, probably not something you could do youself if you're not a quilter.
          Ive seen a similar idea and it was a sight to see! The one I saw was simple. They used a 'zig zag' stich with a clear thread. If you wanted to see how it might look you could lay them out on a plain sheet just to see if you like it, if you do Id suggest you find the layout you like, put sticky tabs on them in order then sew them together. If you are not familiar with sewing you could look into art boards. With those you could do a similar layout but if you want to (& you have enough) design them onto several boards.

the best idea I could think of is similar to those pictures... the ones made up of 'other little pictures' that when you step back look like a bigger picture. Just think.. if you have enough colors & could really get creative... you could set them all into a larger picture of your dog! TOTALLY kool !

Comment

You could make a wreath! Pick up one of those large styrofoam wreath circles at Michaels or Joanne's, a box of pins, some hot glue, and go to town!

Whatever you make, post some pics!
            Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
            George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

I have seen people cover their x mas tree with them.

Comment

hmmmm

At first I thought the Christmas tree thing was laughable. But then I started to think about it. It isn't a bad idea....my kids would probably have me committed. However.........I must consider this and the shadow box idea heavily....thanks you guys. The quilt is out of my remedial skill abilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Fur Elite View Post
                  At first I thought the Christmas tree thing was laughable. But then I started to think about it. It isn't a bad idea....my kids would probably have me committed.
                  Lol yea. The pics I have seen looked really gawdy and flashy. A good way to scare away your relatives at X Mas if things get too hectic at the holidays.

Comment

Working...
                  X