I Love a good mystery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Love a good mystery

Our shop has a regular client, comes every five weeks, he's middle aged, married, and doesn't seem to work or at least works odd hours since he never drops his dog off at the same time. He pays every time with the same type of money, he always has two older style twenty dollar bills from the 1970's. I'm sure I'm making a bigger deal of this than it should be and I'd love to ask why he has a stash of older money but he's a bit odd and not exactly a conversationalist. I guess I just watch too much tv and am trying to find a mystery where there isn't one.

Makes the day go by faster

when we all start wondering about people and their lives and adds a laugh or two also

Comment

Makes the day go by faster

when we all start wondering about people and their lives and adds a laugh or two also
      maybe you will have a bloodhound come in to be groomed when he's there and the bloodhound can help you out,
      worked for Sherlock Holmes.

Comment

Go mobile...

You want mysteries be a mobile groomer.. want to solve them defintely be a mobile groomer, the things I run across when you are actually invited into their home!
        ***Darlynn***
        ***DON"T HATE ME BECAUSE IM POODLEFUL!!***

Comment

Maybe he digs one of grandmas coffee cans out of the garden whenever he needs more money.

Comment

Couldnt resist asking here... what do you mean 'older' money? do you mean the 20 dollar bills that dont look like Monopoly money?...LOL

If so it may interest you to know that when cashing in tip money (all our staff is asked to cash in any smaller bills $1, $5, & $10 for larger bills to avoid having to run to the bank just to keep the register set for the next day) I ALWAYS ask for the 'older bills' if they are there! I know I may be silly but I just dont like the crayola looking 'play money' bills they have now.. OH and I will ALWAYS ask if there are any $2's or the best... every once in a while we get an odd $2 'silver certificate' bill.... LOVE THEM!

If you really like to look for mystery.. I have a really good customer for you.. bring in his cat to be shaved 3 times a yr. ALWAYS pays with all $2. bills...LOL

Comment

Witness relocation LOL. You do watch to much tv but then so do I of course I find myself wondering which one of my clients has plans to kidnap me or my family... that's what I get for watching Criminal Minds, Csi, Bones, and other shows like it. Oh well it makes the day go faster.
              "I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt,
              and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck
              www.wagmoresalon.com

Comment

We also used to have a client with a pack of pitts we used to bathe, he came in a beat up van and keep his large wad of big bills in a ziplock baggie.
                Last edited by Boxerfan; 05-08-10, 08:30 PM.

Comment

that's strange!

We have a customer come in that always requests that we NEVER call any other number about the dog that they bring in. And if any one ever comes to pick up the dog HE should be the ONLY person you give the dog to..Do not ever ever ever tell anyone this dog is here...
                  it is kind of scary and makes me wonder if the dog is stolen...but he sure does love that dog, and that dog loves him!

Comment

Originally posted by suzy6469 View Post
                    I find myself wondering which one of my clients has plans to kidnap me or my family
                    I just wonder what forensic evidence would be found if I was murdered. I also imagine that someone like Detective Goran would be able to figure out I am a dog groomer from my various hair splinters, dog bites, scratches and scissor nicks.
                    "The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog." -Ambrose Bierce

Comment

Working...
                    X