So Frustrating!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Frustrating!

I'm a member of a huge (60,000 + members)toy breed forum and I get SO TIRED of reading about how darn near every time a dog goes to the groomer one of these things will happen:
    Groomer knows NOTHING about this breed,totally messed up the groom
    Groomer mangles the pet,cut to the bone, body parts cut off
    Pet was so traumatized that he/she will never recover

I know that there are some people out there who shouldn't be allowed near a pet rock with anything sharp...but come on.
    I would just love to ask if some of these people make a career out of bashing their groomer!

OK, done whining!

I am on a poodle forum and they do a lot of their own grooming and like to learn about it. I go there to enjoy other poo people,, not to offer advice I am not asked for. And, they do have issues with some groomers and talk about it. (they know I'm a groomer)
    I think they have a right to complain about groomers just like we complain about owners.

Comment

I'm going to bet

I'll bet that a lot of these people are "price shoppers", going to the cheapest groomer only every 4-12 months (you know, whether or not the dog needs it, lol).

Then when the cheapest groomer gets a messy dog that has to be scalped - well, even the most experienced, careful groomers can cut a matted dog.

But these people have time to post and gripe, and they are NOT going to say that they were negligent in the first place, right??

Comment

toy breed

If any of them are in the upstate of SC, send them to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lorie View Post
          I am on a poodle forum and they do a lot of their own grooming and like to learn about it. I go there to enjoy other poo people,, not to offer advice I am not asked for. And, they do have issues with some groomers and talk about it. (they know I'm a groomer)
          I think they have a right to complain about groomers just like we complain about owners.
          I go to this particular forum for enjoyment also, but I don't recall saying that I offered any advice asked for or otherwise (they don't know I'm a groomer). As I stated, some so called groomers shouldn't be allowed near anything sharp.
          I simply meant that it doesn't add up, I see posts here every day with questions about products,tools,techniques etc. and then some come here to share the heartbreak of losing a client (either human or animal) to old age, accidents or such. That doesn't sound like the wild eyed crazies armed with scissors that are described.
          I believe that most if not all members here are professionals who take pride in their work and truly care about their clients. This doesn't count the thousands of groomers who aren't members of this forum who are just as good. But yes, pet owners do have the right to gripe or to have issues.

Comment

Debbiedogs- very likely!

downtowndog- LOL,will do!

Comment

Originally posted by minpin63 View Post
              I would just love to ask if some of these people make a career out of bashing their groomer!
              I know that people exaggerate a lot, so I always take what they say with a grain of salt. [B]BUT[/B] in my area there really is a dearth of half way decent groomers. I'm not even talking about a GOOD groomer. I would love to have a groomer I can refer people to that likes what they do and tries to do a good job.

The local petsomething is a butcher shop. Their haircuts (seen them with my own eyes) look like they were acheived with a chainsaw and we end up with a lot of injured dogs. So I think that some of these owners probably have legitimate complaints.
              "The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog." -Ambrose Bierce

Comment

I am proud to say I have had a lot of show dogs (co -owner comes to me) asking if I know the breed... I will ask a great deal of questions and I also ask them if they are concerned to have the breeder call me.. I am ALWAYS happy to hear 'different' viewpoints on breed's. When I began in this field... I began with a top breeder of SCWT.. (talk about picky HUH?!)
                Ive had a few owners (or co-owners) offer to come in and show me little tweeks they do on 'this particular dog'... I love being open to learn new stuff and I have not ever said I know it all.. I dont think anyone does actually. My favorite... a Wheaten, ear leather just slightly to long for what would be considered 'show' ... trick " breeder thinned out differently and ti did not even show but the dog finished and not until much later did the breeder actually 'share' the little secret with a few judges... they all looked at her with a combination of disgust & humility. The dog was beautiful but they all showed that 'look' of surprise when she told them.

Comment

lol lorie, I'm on the poodle forum too, and there was even a thread another groomer started asking why all the poodle owners bashed us groomers, but it was a resounding reply of 'WE LOVE GROOMERS!' they only ever bash [i]individual[/i] groomers (rightly so by the state some do come back!) and love love []ilove[/i] a decent groomer. Yes many of them groom themselves, but it just seems to make them appreciate good groomers all the more... lol!

But yeah, we bash stupid clients (labradoodles, matted cockers, agro dogs etc) and they bash bad groomers. I don't see a problem, it's life! We all have opinions and feel the need to vent it... Yes there are TERRIBLE groomers out there, far too many of them. But surely we can be happy that we're NOT one of them.....

Comment

So understand

I do understand what your taking about a vet I know stopped in to let me know she's starting a home visit vet service. I've been friends with the vet for years and she came in to complain about the groomer at her workplace. She said that this groomer will have at least 3 injuries a week on different clients. In all the time I've know this women I've never had to take a pet to her for any injury. She's just amazed at how careless this groomer is and can't figure out why the clinic hasn't fired her yet. I wish things were different there are so many great groomers out there and it just takes one to kill all our images.
                    "I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt,
                    and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck
                    www.wagmoresalon.com

Comment

Working...
                    X