PuppyFluffer is a genius!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PuppyFluffer is a genius!

Because of her post regarding dogs and smells, I was inspired to try something new and different with a problem dog. He is a normally good boy who is insane to do the nails. He's muzzled and Groomer Helpered, but its never a good ending. Something is sore on me afterwards and one of his nails always gets quicked.
    I took a piece of Slim Jim and put it in the box muzzle he was wearing and let it rattle around in there. His concentration was on that small piece of Slim Jim and not on his nails. They were done in record time and no injuries on anyones part.
    And yes, he did get a couple of pieces of Slim Jim afterwards.
    Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
    "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

two s up!

Comment

I loved pupply fluffers advice and I cannot wait to implement some of the techniques

Comment

Yeah for you and doggie! And I totally agree PF is an all around genius and good people! Shush, though don't tell her it might get her head too big! HE he.

Comment

I love this !

Thanks...I can't wait to try this on my JR customer... It has been a battle...and often times...I did not win !!

Comment

You have that right

I did that with my new pet walking interview yesterday with a Shib-Inu. Before I left my house I took wellness lamb and salmon treats and rubbed some on my socks, legs, hands and arms as well as a couply of pieces in my pocket and the dog followed me everywhere when I got there ( He's a good friendly boy anyway) the only problem was he wouldn't stop licking all the areas every chance he got (LOL) but it sure made an impression on the owner.

Thanks Puppy fluffer

Comment

That is awesome! Wow!
              Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
              www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

I'm really glad you had a good session, Mary! I got SUCH a giggle out of your phone call yesterday! I had to call Bernie and tell her! I will carry around the mental picture of the sliim jim in the nose mitten for a good long time.

Genius? Heh, that's layin' it on a bit thick, dontcha think? No worries about the size of my head, either. I'm just stunned that somebody like me, with less than 3 years grooming experience, is able to offer something of value to someone like YOU, with 20 years experience. I don't think we're anywhere near even yet - I've learned far more from you than I think you realize!
                Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
                George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

I tried sticking a glob of peanut butter in Riley's mouth to give him something else to think about while I did his feet. I got very sticky from penaut butter bites, lol. But he was better behaved than usual last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy in the Sky View Post
                    I tried sticking a glob of peanut butter in Riley's mouth to give him something else to think about while I did his feet. I got very sticky from penaut butter bites, lol. But he was better behaved than usual last night.
                    HAHAHAHA! Err, I mean, sorry you got bit...that's not very funny, is it?

"sticky peanut butter bites" /giggle, snicker
                    Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
                    George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

He is really just a goober, he doesn't bite too hard usually, and he fights the muzzle when I put it on him, so last night I tried to do him without it. But he really likes peanut butter, lol. He is a little guy- a chih/terr x.

Comment

Brilliant! =D
                        "No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin

Comment

slim jim

Thats hysterical!! I tried something similar today with a boykin on nails. I made turkey hot dog jerky. take a hot dog & slice it up into like 30 pieces & then cut those in half. Microwave for about 3 minutes on a paper towel (to absorb any oils). Voila! hot dog jerky! Really cheap too!

Comment

On goober Labs & goober Rotts I put peanut butter in the box muzzle while I do nails.
                            "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                            People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Cesar Milan is always talking about dogs should respond to smell first.

I wonder if, for really naughty dogs (the ones that don't respond to treats), you put something really really smelly and interesting (like dead fish smell) in front of them while doing nails if they would be more interested in that.

You could have something like fish oil in a jar. So you unscrew it and screw it back on after your done. I [I]might[/I] try that out. I will have to do it on a day that I am working alone, I wouldn't want to irritate my co-workers.
                              "The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog." -Ambrose Bierce

Comment

Working...
                              X