Relocating--AGAIN?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Relocating--AGAIN?!

Well, since relocating the business in Januaray I have lost about 50% of my clientele due to being out of the immediate area (5 miles south) and rebuilding isn't happening so I'm thinking of relocating into an existing shop that's got an area to lease out.
    I am so confused and don't know what to do. I have been offered a job on the other side of the state and while I LOVE the weather on that side, I have a daughter and her health issues to think about.

On the plus side the new location is about 5 miles north of where I was previously has a better income, less shops, I can probably get back some of those clients who didn't follow, and is a better area than I am currently.
    On the downside I'd have to pay out more in expenses than grooming at home BUT I'm lucky to get one new client every couple weeks and I have coupons at the vets down the road, I'm afraid the clients that did follow will just ticked off and go someplace else, and I don't know how long it'll take to build up more clientele....

How STUPID would I be to try and lease out this grooming space and send out flyers--again--of a relocating notice.
    ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
    Apparently common sense isn't all that common
    *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

could you do in home part of the week and at the shop the other half? Then you wouldn't piss off your customers, just give em options, and you could start building a shop clientèle.

Comment

Originally posted by sarahliz View Post
      could you do in home part of the week and at the shop the other half? Then you wouldn't piss off your customers, just give em options, and you could start building a shop clientèle.
      That sounds like a good compromise, do advertising that you'll now be servicing two locations. That way you won't be committing to moving right away and if the new place takes off then you could move completely.

Comment

I'm so sorry your having such a tough go. I have a groomer friend here in town who moved no less than six times, every time she lost some customers but her loyal following kept with her.
        She went out of her new business again and is now working out of my shop one day a week. They still follow her! She lives in another county and is working for a shop out there and wants to stay and is done with my city/county, so win, win for me, if she quits I get her clients or if she stays yeah for me, as I love having her in my shop! If the new location you are considering is closer to the old one that brought you business I say go for it, but think of all the factors why they did'nt follow to begin with, such as who is in your old shop now.
        If your closer to old business you'll prolly give them a run for there money, but in this economy who knows?
        I opened my new location in November and am doing well and I have no fewer than five other groomshops around me, go figure?
        Wish you the best of luck hope this helped a little.

Comment

Working...
        X