Poms, on a cat!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poms, on a cat!

This was a new one for me. Last night I had two of the most matted cats I've seen in a while. Persians. The owner had recorded a segment of True Housewives of some county where the lady had her cat groomed and it looked like the cat had poms on it's legs, minus the clean feet of course, so to me it looked more like those shag boots that were popular for a while. It's the first time I have had someone request this and neither of the cats were happy about it either, but I got it done. It did look cute, but handscissoring poms on a cat, not my idea of a fun time. The owner was thrilled and said their feet looked perfect. I was able to get it done without losing any fingers or bodily fluids, so we were all happy, minus maybe the cats. But they should get over their initial stink and be happy they can move now without anything pulling on them. Of course I forgot my camera.
    What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

feet

So what did you do with the feet then? Do the poms cover their feet also?? That probably would be cute. I HATE grooming cats more power to the people who like it but I just dread it!

Comment

Long ago

I had my cat in my salon and she liked grooming, even liked baths. She was 1/2 Persian and 1/2 Russian Blue. I would even trim her feet and leave short puffs on her legs and then scissor puffs all the way up her full tail. She held her tail straight up so it was quite impressive, I think it was 4 pom poms up the tail.
      Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

Sounds like the standard "boots" you put on a lion cut - "shag boots"?

I saw a picture recently of a cat that was left with a short mane around the head, a lion tail, boots on the feet and a tall mohawk running down its back from the mane to the tail set.

Looked fabulous to me but haven't been able to interest any customers in going in that direction with their kitties.

Comment

I normally never shave down the legs. I hate that, most cats hate it and it's just not a look I usually care for. I always scissor the legs and blend them into the body. As far as I know, there is no "standard" lion clip for cats. I wish there were. I'm tired of seeing cats shaved all the way down with a chrysanthemum for a head and having someone call that a lion clip. Yuck.

Comment

Originally posted by mylady View Post
            I normally never shave down the legs. I hate that, most cats hate it and it's just not a look I usually care for. I always scissor the legs and blend them into the body. As far as I know, there is no "standard" lion clip for cats. I wish there were. I'm tired of seeing cats shaved all the way down with a chrysanthemum for a head and having someone call that a lion clip. Yuck.
            I don't disagree, but on the overwhelming majority of kitties we do, the owners specify a very short mane and low boots.

One place I worked at the short manes and boots were called a "puss'n'boots" cut. Go figure.

The tail seems to be a different matter with a number of owners wanting a full tail, not liking the lion tuft most lion cuts get.

Comment

yes, many of my cats also get full tails and I try to leave my lion clips with the mane behind the shoulders so the legs don't look funny. I actually just did one like that a cople weeks ago and the owner told me the vet complimented her on the groom. Said he's never seen a lion clip with that much mane left and he liked it. LOL, me too cuz it's a lot easier and I like the look better! I have several that ask for higher up the neck, and I do it, but I don't like the way it looks all that much.

Comment

mane and boots

Most of my lion cuts get a full mane with the mitten or "boots". I usually don't find that the cats mind the clippers on their front legs. I actually find it easier than trying to scissor the front legs and actually prefer this style if given the choice.

I personally don't think they look as cute with the short heads but I like to do what the owner requests.

I once had a guy ask me to give his cat the "wife beater tank top look" he meant full mane with full legs LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by mylady View Post
                  Seriously! I had a guy rush me through checking his cat in and he was asking for a lion cut. (don't even like to say that because most people don't even know what a lion cut is supposed to look like) Anyway he got mad that I shave the tail and left the puff at the end. UM HELLO IT"S A LION CUT! Then he proceeded to explain he wanted the man higher. Um so so don't want a mane you want a chrysanthemum for a head cat?

Comment

Working...
                  X