I dropped my clippers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dropped my clippers

I knocked my clippers off the counter and fling goes my 7F. the little rubber guide thingy even came off, so I guess that one will sit till I have enough to send off.
    If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Ooh, I hate that. I dropped my clippers with a seven on it once, and a tooth broke. I just threw it away. I have forties with teeth missing, but I keep them because I can use them under combs. A seven with a missing tooth though? no way
    Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

I have done that before and put it back together and they work fine. I know you aren't supposed to but I have even taken them all apart for cleaning and I see no difference in my clips and the blades have never cut a dog. Does anyone else do this?

Comment

I hate it when that happens:-(

Comment

hey diamienono

Hi
          where about are you in Pennsylvania? I'm in Maryland near baltimore. I always see your messages and noticed that you have a Gryphon trailer. I'm looking into that now to find the right trailer. Just wondered how far you are from me. I hope your clippers survived!

Comment

Originally posted by PetsRus View Post
            I have done that before and put it back together and they work fine. I know you aren't supposed to but I have even taken them all apart for cleaning and I see no difference in my clips and the blades have never cut a dog. Does anyone else do this?
            I wasn't aware that you are NOT supose to do it. I've taken mine off plenty of times while cleaning blades, and I've never had a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by scrubapup View Post
              I wasn't aware that you are NOT supose to do it. I've taken mine off plenty of times while cleaning blades, and I've never had a problem.
              Glad I am not the only one! I had a teacher yell at me one time..... If it is lined up I don't see the big deal but maybe others on here know exactly why. I have heard they "set" them before but I don't think my blade guy does.

Comment

I didn't drop mine, I threw them down!! I was so pizzed off!!! this woman dropped her dog off this am and told me she would be back to pick up at 3:00. She came in at 1, not ready, came back at 1:30 not ready, AGAIN at 2,, both times telling me she would be back at 3~~!!!!! soooooo, the last time,(I was extremely busy today) I slammed my clippers on the table, went and got her freakn dog, told her 10 more than what I had previously told her...she said "you told me if it was going to be 30.00?" I said, "yes, and you told me you would be here at 3! guess we both were wrong?!! rofl

was a hard day lol

Comment

Originally posted by scrubapup View Post
                  You can slide the cutter out, clean, and slide it back in without a problem.

The biggest problem is if you take the spring off. When you put it back on, if the tension is too loose, your blade won't cut, and if you get it too tight it still won't cut, and it's hard on your clippers.

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post
                    You can slide the cutter out, clean, and slide it back in without a problem.

The biggest problem is if you take the spring off. When you put it back on, if the tension is too loose, your blade won't cut, and if you get it too tight it still won't cut, and it's hard on your clippers.
                    By spring do you mean the tension part on the underside? I didn't know that. I just figured that the screws were to just put it all together. I am not very mechanically inclined......

Comment

Originally posted by hairdevil View Post
                      I didn't drop mine, I threw them down!! I was so pizzed off!!! this woman dropped her dog off this am and told me she would be back to pick up at 3:00. She came in at 1, not ready, came back at 1:30 not ready, AGAIN at 2,, both times telling me she would be back at 3~~!!!!! soooooo, the last time,(I was extremely busy today) I slammed my clippers on the table, went and got her freakn dog, told her 10 more than what I had previously told her...she said "you told me if it was going to be 30.00?" I said, "yes, and you told me you would be here at 3! guess we both were wrong?!! rofl

was a hard day lol
                      That would drive me nuts. People are sometimes so insecure when their dogs are 5 feet away from them. Sorry you had such a crazy day.

Tammy in Utah
                      Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Originally posted by geddy View Post
                        Hi
                        where about are you in Pennsylvania? I'm in Maryland near baltimore. I always see your messages and noticed that you have a Gryphon trailer. I'm looking into that now to find the right trailer. Just wondered how far you are from me. I hope your clippers survived!
                        I'm in MD in Harford County. I'm looking at a Gryphon myself.

Comment

When putting the cutter back in use a flat screwdriver and gently lift up in the middle of the spring , not on the sides. Just lift enough to get the cutter started. If you pry up on the sides you can change the tension of the spring on one side and cause cutting problems. If you take the blade all the way apart, look carefully at where the cutter teeth line up then just put the blade back together the same way making sure the cutter tips are not over the comb tips.

Tim
                          Tim Love............... Love's Sharpening
                          123 A Hwy 80 E., #3

Clinton, MS 39056....phone: 601-529-1973

Comment

Originally posted by geddy View Post
                            Hi
                            I am just outside of Reading. You are about 2 hours away from me.
                            If your dog is fat, you are not getting enough exercise!

Comment

We have a video on our website that will show you not only how to clean a blade, but how to move the cutter around so you can clean everything. Don't take blades apart to clean them. By doing this you can mess up the cutter setback, the tension, and the alignment. You may cut a dog if you put it back together wrong.
                              Just watch the video and you'll be fine!!!

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                              X