Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cavachon anyone?

Hi,
    I may be grooming a Cavachon puppy soon. I'd be thrilled to get any tips and advice from those of you familiar with this mix.

Thanks!
    Debi
    Debi
    http://www.uppypuppydogsalon.com
    My life is lived in the company of dogs

I have about 10 I groom regularly and every single one is very sweet and agreeable. Their coats are all kinds of disorganized tumbleweed until they go through the coat change...but then it settles down alot, and scissors and/or clips really nicely.
    I'm not a D-dog basher, so I don't feel bad saying I really like these lil dogs...(tho one I groom is almost 30 lbs).

Most of my clients like a simple clip...SO Comb, scissor in legs and Teddy style head.
    Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

I have several too, nice coat better than a Bichon and nice colors, usually do 3/4 to 1 inch long with a doodle type head. Great personalities on mime. Here are a couple of pics....
      Attached Files

Comment

We do the same as Sibes - SC/TB head.

Comment

I groom a lovely white Cavachon guy - that has Orange eyelashes! (c; he gets a #1SS comb a/o, including cheeks and top of head (but made round), and gets a #5 on his ears - really really cute cut, and makes him look like a puppy (c;

Comment

I do one. Her coat is cute, wavy and black. Her coat does not look good unless it is short. She is a good girl but has been nervous since the start. They are rather long, at least the ones I have met. The time I liked her groom the best was when she was in a tight 2tb

Comment

I do one. This sounds weird, but, her mom likes me to do a cocker style with #E SS comb & leave the rest be. I dunno HOW she came up with that one, but, hey, it pays the bills.
              "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
              People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

I can only think of one right now that I do...mom likes her very short,#4 and the back end #7 for peeing issues. Teddy head, & she's got those eyes like Ruggins pics. Her hair doesn't seem to grow by the stop, so her eyes always look like they're buggin'....she's cute & sweet, whit with nice chestnut splotches.

BTW, Ruggins......I LIKE that tub in the backround! Nice not to have to turn the bigguns around, huh?

Comment

I do a pair of litter mates. One looks like a Cavalier mix and the other like a Bichon mix. I told the lady that is why I don't quote prices over the phone--one is a bath and brush and the other gets and E comb and scissored.
                  Attached Files

Comment

I love the pix you guys are posting!!!!
                    Debi
                    http://www.uppypuppydogsalon.com
                    My life is lived in the company of dogs

Comment

Working...
                    X