Guess this breed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guess this breed!

Hey guys, I had a CRAZY customer come in today (I work in a big box store) and long story short he wanted my opinion on what this breed puppy is. He kept asking to show me on my computer, and wouldn't believe that our computers aren't hooked up to the internet. *Sigh* Then he told me that I must have internet at home so he told me what the video was called and said he'd be back in a few days! Oh lordy. So I thought I would ask everyone what they thought. He kept saying Malamute, but I don't know if I agree with that, I said it was probably a mix (without seeing the puppy first) and now I just have no idea haha. He apparently likes the look of Malamutes, but likes the floppy ears this puppy has. Please help so I have something to tell him in case he comes back! Thanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GTzB...eature=related

part chow part raccoon!

Comment

Looks like a longcoat malemute to me.
      Deidre

Comment

He looks like a malamute to me. His ears will stand up in time, he is just too young right now. Go to Alaskan Malamute puppy pictures and you will see the likeness.
        Lisa VanVleet, RVT

Comment

It looks like a Mal that hasn't had it's ears perk up yet. I believe they have floppy ears as puppies then perk up later. I would probably tell him that and that it will get BIG. If that is the look he wants he might try looking at mal or huskie mutts on petfinder or the like. He might be able to find a fluffy dog with floppy ears.

Comment

Yup...a woolly Mal, and yup, too young for ears to stand up yet. I feel very sorry for whomever ends up grooming that dog. Very cute, but give me 5 Chows over 1 woolly Mal any day!
            Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

Not sure what the breed is all I know is that is one cute little ball of fluff. Wow what a a little doll.
              "I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt,
              and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck
              www.wagmoresalon.com

Comment

what about a wooly akita?

Comment

Yup, looks like Malemute baby to me

About 6-7 weeks old?

Tell the guy, "All puppies are cute!" Does he want a 90-pound (or more, maybe) dog that sheds a lot and needs a lot of exercise, plus a lot of training/leadership??? Bet he doesn't!!!!!! He wants a dog that stays like that puppy!! HA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Debbiedogs View Post
                    He wants a dog that stays like that puppy!! HA!!!
                    They call those Pomeranians, lol! (Or Pom-uranium if you are a certain client of mine)
                    I'm gonna have a whole herd of them when I'm too old for Sibes.
                    Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

Looks like a futre shedding machine! Malamute puppy crossed with snuggle butt. lol
                      ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

Originally posted by suzy6469 View Post
                        Not sure what the breed is all I know is that is one cute little ball of fluff. Wow what a a little doll.
                        Give it eighteen months and then decide if it is a cute ball of fluff.

Long-haired Mals are like grooming wooly mammoths.

Comment

I have to agree

It looks like a malamute and like the corgis their ears don't pop right away. I just groomed a King Malamute on Saturday and whole moly was there a lot of hair. Took me 3 hrs to brush it out properly and get a comb through her. I'm still worn out!

Comment

possibly keesh hound ?its hard to be exact when we do not know what age this pup is

Comment

hate to say it but my first thought on seeing it (cute now but it will grow up) was Akita/husky or Akita/ Malmute... yiikes what a nightmare either way in about a year is my thought.

Comment

Working...
                              X