You get what you pay for...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You get what you pay for...

I am the first one to drop a few extra dollars to pay for quality- I know, I am a snob. But, I am also the first one to buy something at a bargain sale... more for my money.

So, I purchased some new grooming clothes (afterall, I feel as though I live in them). I purchased some from Stylist Wear because they were cute and appeared to be fitted and resembled some that Jodi Murphy had. I have several of Jodi's but for $10 who can refuse.

I have now washed them 3 times and they look like I have hips that have delivered 27 children, zipper that doesn't zip and loose thread that make me look like a vagabond.

So, you get what you pay for.

Stephen: We have more news coming on these Jodi knock offs too this week.

Jodi's are beyond fabulous!
    Bulldogs are adorable, with faces like toads that have been sat on.

Comment

where can i look at jodies line? i hardly ever wear smocks anymore because i cannot find them in small enough sizes

Comment

I love my Jodi Murphy tops! And my skort, they are so cute.
        I have a few stylist wear tops that I love, but have also bought some that didn't. I try to remember to check the stitching before I buy them, and I try to wash them in cold. I love my 3/4 length sleeve smock and the Asian design one.
        I love cute grooming apparel! It makes me feel classy!

Comment

Im 6' tall with a 36" inseam and stylist wear will make pants for me that don't look like long capris! I wear them year round and I think they hold up fine for the $10 I pay at the Pasadena show. I like there basic vest, I also have a long toso so anything fitted is way to short for me, I did buy a fitted smock this year from them and it does look bad allready. When Jodi starts making things that would fit me I will happily try them!

Comment

I know you can search her website for pictures and email her directly.

Comment

I buy the Stylist Wear ones. Mostly because I'm broke and, being a big girl, I've found very few smocks out that that don't make me look like I"m wearing a colorful nylon potato sack with paw prints on it. I did buy some others that I think were from Europe..Tikima maybe? Something like that...and they fell apart a lot quicker then my Stylist Wear ones did. I suppose I'll have to take a look at Jodi's, though, and see if she makes some in my size.

Comment

I have a hot pink sleeveless Jodi that I have got many compliments on & I like the quality...

Comment

I bought three Jodi Murphy pieces in Atlanta and have been wearing them non stop since them. I have washed them, tried not to throw them in the dryer, and OMG they look like the day I bought them!! I am used to cheap grooming smocks (Stylist wear and the like) which never fits right and usually fades or frays very quickly. The JM smocks and capris I have are fantastic quality and fit great.....I'm with you Kristin: we live in grooming wear, we should buy stuff that makes us look nice and classy and LASTS! I don't mind spending a little more for a product that is so much better than the cheap stuff.....if you add up how many cheaper smocks I have been through, the JM ones work out to be more economical anyway!

Comment

Jodi

Went to great lengths to design her line and one of the very important factors is the fact that they are well made in the USA! Her line had barely hit the industry when somebody grabbed it and knocked it off, had it made in China! Copied it right down to a little mistake her first batch had in the design! Sorry, it just frosts my a$$ when I see someone profit by anothers hard work! Every single smock I have purchased from SW has fallen apart! I can't wait for Jodi to have the larger sizes.

Comment

Originally posted by epilady View Post
                      Every single smock I have purchased from SW has fallen apart! I can't wait for Jodi to have the larger sizes.
                      I'm currently using a smock that I bought from Sally's and it's lasted longer than my SW smocks! I haven't had a smock from them last more than a couple months and I can't wait for the larger sizes from Jodi either. I like the styles she has!!
                      ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
                      Apparently common sense isn't all that common
                      *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

I love Jodi's skort!! Bought one in Atlanta. So comfortable, made me feel pretty, and my clients thought it was very classy too. Can't wait to get a few more!

Linda

Comment

My last bunch of

smocks from StylistWear really didn't wear well at all.....besides the side seams ripping, the zippers (small metal ones) all split and didn't work at all after a short time.....I emailed StylistWear with my complaints and got no response....So I decided to try The Groomer's Mall. They carry StylistWear also....so I emailed them and asked if the smocks I wanted could please have a better zipper......They actually called me!!! And we talked about the issues I was having.....they were very supportive....and the smocks they sent me all had the big plastic zippers in them....I was a happy camper.....so far so good and it's been 3 months so far!!!

Comment

JM Website

I went to Jodi's website and she has a link but isn't selling her line of apparel on the web yet! Is there some where else to buy her clothes?
                            It is good to take pride in how you look no matter what line of work your in, you feel good when you think you look good.

Comment

I can share a little about what I know concerning smocks for me... about 2 years ago I went to a stylist sessions seminar with one of my groomers. The ones with Jay & Sue.. thought... ok, the smocks by ez care were not very expensive and this is the first time I have had any smocks last, look decent and the tailoring is good.

I too am very tall but I am also very thin and find it very hard to find things that fit (just under 6' tall, 125 lbs). The styling on these offer a more tailored look with the back piece, have a slight collar and pockets. The zippers are still working just fine.

I am not familiar with Jodi's but I can share that these little gems I got at that seminar are holding up marvelously. You can see them in the gromers choice catalog. Sue wore the two colored one but I got the solid color and to date both still look in very good shape. I too am very hard on smock's ... these are the longest Ive ever had smocks last.

Comment

Working...
                              X