Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jodi Murphy Announces 4 New DVD Release May 2010

The Havanese

The Havanese is becoming a very popular little breed. They have a flashy personality that pet owners cannot resist. The Havanese has a very unique look. Jodi will show you how to capture that distinct Havanese expression. Two trims will be demonstrated in this 80 minute DVD. Jodi will demonstrate a longer natural trim which she describes as the “Shag”. This trim is done with thinning shears as well as shears to keep the natural look of the Havanese. A shorter more tailored trim is then demonstrated for easier upkeep. This trim is done with the use of snap-on combs and scissors. Your pet owners will just love this look!

Secrets of the Contest Ring

Are you thinking of competing in a grooming competition? Have you been competing? Do you want to win? Do you want to win bigger? Then this DVD is for you. Jodi has been one of the top competitors around the globe. She has won multiple Best In Shows, multiple Best All Arounds, two time Best American Groomer, World Grand Champion, two International Gold Medals along with endless first, second and third placements. Jodi will spend 90 minutes sharing with you all her secrets including how to find good dogs, how to prepare yourself and your dogs for the ring, what you should have in your tack box, she will give you her opinion on what the judges are looking for among many many other topics. Jodi is retired from the contest ring and is now passing the torch and knowledge to all the upcoming competitors with this incredible DVD.
    Special guest Megan Everswick, Professional Handler/Breeder

Fragile: Handle With Care

Client’s trust us with their pets every day. It is our job and responsibility as pet care professionals to handle these pets with the care and respect that they deserve. Table training is vital when grooming dogs. Jodi will share with you her training techniques and will demonstrate proper handling and positioning of these pets. Comfortable positions will allow your pets to stand calmly on the grooming table which will not only keep you stress-free but also keep the pet happy as well. The Groomers Helper is also demonstrated in this 40 minute DVD.
    Special guest Megan Everswick, Professional Handler/Breeder

Tools of the Trade (Free with just $4.50 s/h)

As new groomers we often become overwhelmed by all the tools and equipment that are available to us. Jodi will take the confusion out of buying equipment. Let’s look at grooming tables, dryers, clippers, brushes, nail trimmers, muzzles, stripping knifes, scissors, Groomers Helper and much, much more. Jodi will explain when, how and why these tools are needed. She will share with you all her favorites. This 50 minute DVD will help get you off to the right start. The right tools will help you not only become a better groomer but a more efficient one as well

I don't groom any Havanese, but I got this DVD. The "shag" cut that she shows REALLY is nice. I would work on other breeds, like Lhasas and mixes like that.
    "The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog." -Ambrose Bierce

Comment

Just ordered

my set of dvd's from Jodi... very excited to get the full series soon! yee haw!!

Comment

I have those DVD's and I have to say the trim she does on the Havanese that is mentioned in the OP ("the Shag") is the best thing since sliced bread. I do this trim on yorkies and shih tzus all the time since I watched this DVD. It is longer, more natural, doesn't produce the lines that snap-on combs usually do. It's also FUN! Something different for a change. If I could figure out this blankety blank new system for posting photos, I'd post my shih tzu client photo in the Shag. You should also charge a little more for this trim, it's a little more work, and the results show!

If you ordered DVD's recently, BE PATIENT. I read on Facebook or somewhere that Jodi was out of town for a bit, AND one of her Cockers is having a serious back surgery, so she may not be able to get these out right away. But...they're worth the wait.

Tammy in Utah
        Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

I'm trying to be patient I went right to her site and bought the new ones and have confirmation that they were sent...Come on snail mail get them to me!!! lol

Comment

Here are my photos of "The Shag" but on a shih tzu instead of a Havanese.

Just a note: This dog had NO HOCK HAIR to start with.

Tammy in Utah
            Attached Files
            Last edited by SpikeyTheYorkie; 05-21-10, 11:20 PM. Reason: "had" not "has"

Comment

So that's what I've been doing all these years on my drop coats. Did'nt know what to call it.

Comment

Very nice pics and it definately turned out okay...I have had problems in the past getting these coats to look good including my own girl so can't wait for the hair to grow back to try this method. The DVD was great, very informational!

Comment

Originally posted by Fast Ellie View Post
                  So that's what I've been doing all these years on my drop coats. Did'nt know what to call it.
                  Not sure...there's actually a method to it, similar to how I've seen Jodi do a Wheaten, believe it or not. It's not just "thinning shears all over," or whatnot.

It is a lot more fun than are plain ol' snap-on comb cuts, that's for sure!

Tammy in Utah

Comment

Working...
                  X