Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We need your thoughts and positive vibes here on the Gulf Coast!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need your thoughts and positive vibes here on the Gulf Coast!

I live hereon the Gulf Coast of Alabama, and I am TERRIFIED that my beautiful beaches are destroyed forever. The environmental impact will be unimaginable. Already readying ourselves for some volunteer work. I've heard that beach condos and hotels are already beginning to lose tons of money due to vacation cancellations. Who wants to go on a beach vacation when you can't enjoy the beach? Tourism undoubtedly will suffer to the point of devastation. Property values are destined to go further down the toilet. I apologize for all the doom and gloom, but I'm really scared that my way of life as I know it is ...gone. I don't personally make my money off of tourism, and don't own any beach area property...but these things tend to have enormous trickle down effects. The shrimp industry is already absolutely done here, no question...no going back...can't fix this one. Not making light of hurricanes (went through both Ivan and Katrina)...but at least most folks can rebuild and start over after a Cat 5. After something like this, what's the option? Is there even an option? I'm sorry I'm rambling, but I'm just absolutely heartsick over this. Already thinking about our ability to move away.....

I have been keeping a eye on the news and I just keep thinking about the damage to the wet lands and wild life that is heading your way. Wish I was able to pack up my car and come down there and help. So sorry!!!!

Comment

I've been watching this unfold with increasing horror as my worst fears gradually become reality. The environmental impact will be devastating.

Sending good wishes your way. Please keep us posted.
      Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
      George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

im right there with you! i live down in pensacola,fl and alot of my vacation clients have even called to let me know they wouldnt be making the trip down south this time because they are afraid of all the beaches being ruined. Im hoping ill have some time to volunteer in case they need any extra hands for stuff. Im sorry your so close and having to worry about all the repercussions of this horrible event

Comment

Don't be sorry for rambling. Where I live, I'm sheltered from things like hurricanes and floods, and also tragedies such as this. It's interesting (not the right word choice, but I hope you understand) to hear from people who are suffering the effects, and are closer to the impact of the true damage. It's heart-wrenching and I feel for you more than words can say. I just hope there's some sort of relief for the people, as well as the animals. Keep us posted.

Comment

Positive thoughts and vibes sent! What an awful disaster, reminded of Valdez all over again

Comment

It is going to devastate the area for longer than most of us can fathom, so sorry it is ruining your way of life and livlyhoods for thousands. A woman at training this morning works in oil and gas, overheard her say it would be much longer to recoup than they are saying, then she shutup. So didn't get anymore pnfo.
              ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

i was heart sick too about this horrible situation in the Gulf. I listen to xm radio and a man called into the host . Apparently he works in the Gulf and was in the vicinity when the platform went down. He was talking about all the safeguards that are in place and the question came up about sabatoge. That was one of my first thoughts.

Today one of my clients who is high up in the FBI and is from Lousiana also had the same thoughts. She said that the rules for the safety of the wells, platforms and the men are very stringent. No one can take any meds of anykind and work, no smoking nor drinking and loads of other rules. So who knows what really happened.

I feel for all the people who are going to be devastated from this disaster, and of course the devastation to the enviorment.

Comment

So sorry for everyone down your way. For the loss of people's livelihoods and for the loss of wildlife and marine life. From what I have read, they are predicting this tragedy to surpass Valdez as the worst oil spill ever. I will keep everyone and everything affected by this spill in my prayers.
                  Lisa VanVleet, RVT

Comment

I'm hearing that Valdez was just a pinhead compared to this. The problem is that there is no end. On the Valdez, there was only a certain amount contained in the ship. In this situation, it may as well be infinite. I have Monday off...had all kinds of plans to work around the house. Not anymore! I am going to MY beach for probably the last time in quite awhile. They are saying it should reach our shores by late Monday. I heard someone say tonight that they are planning to close the beaches for the summer. I say if our beaches get closed for only one summer, it will be a miracle. Thousands of people are already signing up to volunteer. I am sooooooo scared.

Comment

It's going to be horrible, they still haven't even stopped it have they? I'm sure the entire gulf coast will be covered by the time it's done. Just really heartbreaking, I grew up in the south and just can't fathom all those beautiful beaches and wetlands ruined forever... Then I think of all the people already in this awful economy that will be put out of work. Maybe the government will find a way to pay people to help clean it up.

Comment

I can't begin to even understand the magnitude of that spill. I will certainly send you positive thoughts and when fundraisers start to happen I will be sure to put something into them. I am so sorry for you all.

Comment

They said this AM it will probably reach the Atlantic.
                          "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                          People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Working...
                          X