Beard Tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beard Tips

Anyone have a tip or product they use to keep beards from getting slimy from licking and nice and clean and fresh looking until the dog gets picked up?

Thanks.

On some dogs, mainly Shihs and Shih mixes, I shave a tiny square bald spot right under the nose to get rid of the slime fur. Google show photos of Shih Tzus for examples. I also use thinners to thin out some of the wet fur right around the mouth. I mainly do this on all of the dogs who drool and have perpetually wet beards no matter how well you scrub them.

Another thing that really helps is lifting the top lip and shaving out the small pocket on either side of the bottom lip where a lot of drool settles.

Comment

Originally posted by D'tails View Post
      On some dogs, mainly Shihs and Shih mixes, I shave a tiny square bald spot right under the nose to get rid of the slime fur. Google show photos of Shih Tzus for examples.
      Looks really sharp on light colored dogs with dark skin pigment. I always trim under the nose on full Bichon heads.
      Jacob

Comment

I do what the others have suggested. Last year on Groomer Has It, Lisa Leady used vet wrap to keep the beards dry. Thought that was a great idea.
        Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Working...
        X