It's just so nice to be appreciated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's just so nice to be appreciated

Had a client bring in another clients dogs (they are neighbors) today to be groomed. She told me that she has been having money problems, left her hubby and is now a single mom and just hasn't had the money to bring her toy poodle in for a hair cut. I haven't seen her dog in months. She told me that her dog had gotten so long that she just couldn't take it any more and decided to groom her herself.

Not the best groom but she was at least clean and shorter. Had a very hard time cleaning her feet (doesn't like them touched). Did alright with her face, at least no nicks on it.

It took her at least 4 hours to groom this little tiny toy, with a couple of breaks to make it easier on the both of them. She can't understand how I can get her done in 1 1/2 hrs (it would be one hour if I didn't have to fight with it so much with her feet)!

She hopes she won't have to do it again soon. Hopes I'll be the next one to groom her little girl. I was almost ready to tell her I'd give her a really good discount, but changed my mind. I feel my prices are very low and her dog is worth every penny of it!!!

She told me she appreciates all the hard work and patience that goes into my job.

Just made me feel good.
    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
    Diane

Being Appreciated in Hard Times

Sometimes it takes having the owner try to do the grooming just one time for them to appreciate all of our efforts and skills. I have a number of clients that are hving tough times right noe due mostly to our economy. I have given a break to some and not to others. It is sometimes hard when they tell you stories of what is going on in theri lives. On the otherhand I know what is going on in my familes' life and we are also having hard times. I'm not getting any discounts in any of the businesses I visit.

sittingpretty

Comment

Nice, warm fuzzy feeling. Good for you.
      "The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go." ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Aww that's wonderful!

Comment

Working...
        X