"what makes you worth being more expensive?"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "what makes you worth being more expensive?"

Had a guy call today and asked about grooming his Bichon, all the usual questions on price, etc, then he said "what makes your worth being more expensive?" Unfortunately I was totally busy and after a 5 minute conversation with him, I just really didn't know what to say, lol. I was TRYING to concentrate on doing the dog on my table. Tried to briefly explain my services, then he wanted to know when I could do his dog (week from tomorrow) and that wasn't going to work for him because they were leaving to go out of town 4 days later, lol. He said he'd call back if that would work for them <sigh> OH WELL...

What's makes y'all worth being more expensive?

I'm surrounded by about 20 groomers in an 6 mile radius...and it's the only thing I could come up with to truly set me apart from the rest, lol!
    A rather unique strategy...but it's worked out really well for me.
    Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

Skill level and experience. I always try to do my best job on every groom I do, Im not a near enough is good enough groomer.

Comment

Well for me I'm in between but still have people think I'm expensive. What makes me worth the money is that I take the pet's safety very seriously. Also I do not groom 10 or more dogs a day so I take my time, not rushed and my work I feel shows it. I'm not saying that groomers that do more dogs then me are not worth more by anyway. I prefer to groom 6 days a week doing 4 or 5 a day.

Comment

My peeps feel the love.
          www.gomobileandsucceed.com
          http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

Originally posted by 4Sibes View Post
            I'm surrounded by about 20 groomers in an 6 mile radius...and it's the only thing I could come up with to truly set me apart from the rest, lol!
            A rather unique strategy...but it's worked out really well for me.
            Did I miss something?? lol , What makes me worth more is a dedication to do the best for every dog,I take the pet first aid course every few years to refressh,safe handling skills learned from many years and I truly love what I do and the dogs, hopefuly the owners too.
            ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

Well, up here there is little comparison, there is some, but not much. The one thing that truly sets me apart is compassion, I mean to the extreme level. Plus, I do dogs straight through and one at a time on a limited basis, so no distractions, interuptions and compassion sometimes greater than the owner themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by neanea View Post
                I'd like to think it's my experience, 'personality' & attention to detail...I love what I do & the dogs & interacting & being honest & educating clients about their dogs grooming. Safety & always putting the dogs' well being first as well. I have 17 years pet grooming experience. I'm a good groomer, but no where near the competative groomer's calibur....more "practical"

Also where I work now is a nice "set-up" as far as no crates,no cage drying etc. that's a plus. We promote "low-stress"... each dog groomed start to finish by one groomer. Fluf drying, high quality shampoos.

Comment

I cant say Im anything more than 'in the middle' price wise here too. I CAN say... the dogs let the owners know. Lets see... hmmm// a full body massage in the tub, fluff dry, all clipper & scissor work is included, nails done, ears done & glands too.. a Full Service Salon day plus all the hugs & kisses they can handle. We dont rush either, we ask for several hours for each pet but if they are done sooner.. we will call you.

I just love hearing several times a day..
                  why does my dog love coming here when I used to have to drag them in the other places?
                  or
                  I just told 'him/her' do you want to go see (names me by name) and the dog practically runs to the car!
                  or
                  the simple fact that we have not advertised since we opened... it has all been word of mouth. Of course the first thing I tell any owner is "Your dog matters more to me than you... oh, you may pay the bill, but (as I squat down to greet the dog) THIS is my client!...LOL

Comment

Many years back when I worked

in a big pet store,( not the petsmarts or petco,never would or never could work there),but anyhow this guy with a cocker comes in,said the old groomer use to charge him 25.00, well I said that was her I charge 45.00,everybody else is paying it. Then he said how long to do the dog from start to finish ,I said about 1-hour or so. THen he starts breaking down the hour on me, ,and said you would make 25.00 in 1-hour, that alot of money,I don't make that,and I say neither do I ,I make at least 50.00. I reply do you wanta pay the 45.00 or not,I'm done discussing this with you anymore now,he said no with an attitude. , good bye jerk,,calls back hour later,wants to make appointment,I say sorry we have no appoinments for the next 3 moths, I hate when some one needles me down on my prices/time it takes,and I don't do their dogs,makes them think what I'm missing by not having her do my dog.Play with their heads it's worked for me for over 27 years now.

Originally posted by neanea View Post
                    Had a guy call today and asked about grooming his Bichon, all the usual questions on price, etc, then he said "what makes your worth being more expensive?" Unfortunately I was totally busy and after a 5 minute conversation with him, I just really didn't know what to say, lol. I was TRYING to concentrate on doing the dog on my table. Tried to briefly explain my services, then he wanted to know when I could do his dog (week from tomorrow) and that wasn't going to work for him because they were leaving to go out of town 4 days later, lol. He said he'd call back if that would work for them <sigh> OH WELL...

Comment

If you can't tell the second you walk in the door then there's several other places down the street. There's plenty to go around and I try to hold out for a specific type of customer.
                      There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by OntheBRINKofDisaster View Post
                        If you can't tell the second you walk in the door then there's several other places down the street. There's plenty to go around and I try to hold out for a specific type of customer.
                        I LOVE YOUR ANSWER!!!!!!
                        Damn if I don't feel like saying that over & over!

Comment

My services aren't for everyone...but my many loyal clients have no problem paying what I'm worth.

Comment

Everyone should have a prepared answer for that question from day one.

It's not difficult. All you have to do is tell them what you do. They'll infer that perhaps the other groomers in the area don't.

Example: I use only top quality professional products. All pets are hand dried not only to achieve the best results, but for their safety. All pets are handled with as much care and consideration as my own. I provide correct breed specific grooms, but of course I can modify anything to meet your needs and preferances.

Comment

I tel people I use top of th eline products a dnI know what I'm doing after 25 years. If they want the person who is quoting $10 less that has no experience then go to them!

Comment

Working...
                              X