Hand scissoring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand scissoring

Next week I have to hand scissor a bichon. I have an idea how it should be done but would love some help from the experienced groomers on the forum.

Thanks

some resources:

I'm not experienced but I do know some things you can do

Have pictures to study from, lay them out during the cut--they will be your guide.

Check out the internet: You can find resources for more info on the grooming 102 of this site (which lists some websites), do a general search on this forum for yorkie tips, check out you tube and 5min.com for videos on how to do anything---has lots of grooming videos about all types of dogs.

What books do you have? I have a couple: if you want I could pm you the notes that I have but do some research. You'll find lots.

Comment

i usuualy set my pattern with my combs then scissor everything else then go over my clipp work with scissoring

Comment

I do what k2ple does. If you are truly just going to use scissors-show grooming-I hope you are charging accordingly. You are sculpting with hair. I start from the back, and do the topline first. Then the back legs, body (undercarriage), shoulders, front legs, and finally, the crest and head. This takes alot of time as you are combing/scissoring/combing/scissoring.
        Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Working...
        X