Phew!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phew!!!

I'm grooming away this morning and my cell phone rings. It's the daughter of my dentist, I groom their dog. She manages to say "Fido had......PHONE GOES DEAD! For the next 2 hours all I can think of is that something not good happened. Perhaps Fido's nose fell off from the shampoo I used, I don't know.....my mind is going wild, dreading the callback to her as I am expecting the worst. Turns out she just wanted to change her appointment. PHEW! LOL
    www.gomobileandsucceed.com
    http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

LOL, I know exactly what you mean. When I see the caller ID on calls from people whose dogs I have just groomed in that past week, I always get nervous. I think partly because the second client i had when i first started out called me the next week accusing me of giving their dog some skin infection. It really upset me. After than, ANY time the phone rang my first thought was that it was someone complaining. Now my worrying is limited to when it is someone I have seen recently. I almost always assume the worst and think back to the groom in detail to try and figure out what I could have done, LOL. Funny thing is, I think I have had only one client in 3 years call with such a thing. The fear never goes away. Even when I see a regular client and they make some comment like "fifi had a really bad eye/ear infection or whatever recently" I immediately feel guilty and wonder if they are blaming me somehow. But I bluff and just say "oh really, that's too bad!" so they won't focus in on me. Terrible isn't it, there is a reason we feel this way though...people have no one else to blame but us.

Comment

LOL. Sounds just like that commercial on TV where the lady got flowers at work from her hubby and phoned her girlfriend to tell her. Phone goes dead, and now the lady who got the flowers is thinking maybe the guy is cheating on her, and just feeling guilty. Yep, we always do seem to expect the worst.
      Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fur Elite View Post
        LOL, I know exactly what you mean. When I see the caller ID on calls from people whose dogs I have just groomed in that past week, I always get nervous. I think partly because the second client i had when i first started out called me the next week accusing me of giving their dog some skin infection. It really upset me. After than, ANY time the phone rang my first thought was that it was someone complaining. Now my worrying is limited to when it is someone I have seen recently. I almost always assume the worst and think back to the groom in detail to try and figure out what I could have done, LOL. Funny thing is, I think I have had only one client in 3 years call with such a thing. The fear never goes away. Even when I see a regular client and they make some comment like "fifi had a really bad eye/ear infection or whatever recently" I immediately feel guilty and wonder if they are blaming me somehow. But I bluff and just say "oh really, that's too bad!" so they won't focus in on me. Terrible isn't it, there is a reason we feel this way though...people have no one else to blame but us.
        I am the exact same way! Just Monday I saw a name on the caller ID of a woman that had just brought her dog in on Saturday. I got worried, and I hadn't even answered the phone yet!
        Scratch a dog and you'll find a permanent job. ~Franklin P. Jones

Comment

Working...
        X