My new favorite client. :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new favorite client. :)

Today I had a new client scheduled for a puppy's first groom. When she came in, I was rather surprised because she was only seven years old and her mother stayed in the car. Her dog was a tiny white toy poodle puppy which she carried in a pink, rhinestone studded carrier with wheels. She knew exactly what she wanted for Sugar (only a bath, brush and sanitary trim because this was her first groom and she didn't want her to get scared) and she made sure to inform me that she took very good care of Sugar and always brushed her. At that point she told me (with her adorable little British accent) that she'd be back to pick up her puppy in promptly an hour. She was exactly on time and was VERY happy with the pink bows in Sugar's ears. She said they matched her dresses exactly. While she paid (with her own money, of course) I chatted with her mom. Apparently she really DOES take very good care of Sugar. The breeder showed her how to keep the puppy brushed and she takes it VERY seriously. She feeds the puppy and takes it out and gets angry with her mom if mom tries to do anything. After talking with the little girl a bit about grooming and when she should bring Sugar in next I happened to ask, "So, what do you want to be when you grow up?" Her response? "Rich. And Probably Barbie."

I think Sugar is in good hands.

we will see. I have a neighbor that bought a poodle for her daughter. and every time they come come in for grooming she explains that her daughter just has a hard time with brushing her out so that is why she is matted.

BUT it sounds like your little client paid with her own monies and is really TRYING to be responsible
    Last edited by greyhoundlover; 04-28-10, 05:50 PM.

Comment

"Rich. And probably Barbie." LOL!

Too cute!
      Guard well within yourself that treasure, kindness. Know how to give without hesitation, how to lose without regret, how to acquire without meanness.
      George Sand (1804 - 1876)

Comment

Yeah, we'll definitely see how it goes. Her mom seems like the sort that would step up to take care of the pup if the daughter loses interest, though. Apparently Grandma used to show poodles toy poodles. She was thoroughly impressed with my white standard but hopes HER dog never gets that big because then she wouldn't be able to carry her. When she made her next appointment (in four weeks) she wrote it down in her own little pink day planner. Oh! And apparently the monies she paid with really were hers. She gets allowance for mucking stalls and other such things. She uses it to buy her own puppy chow...and puppy dresses. I hope it goes well in the future because I was, obviously, quite enchanted.

Comment

Sometimes the blessings have nothing to do with money. Adorable does NOT begin to cover it. OTOH, I would NOT want to go to work for this kid when she grows up. Can you say "Type A personality"? I am picturing, Angelika Pickles' mom from Rug Rats.
          Last edited by Smart-n-Pretty; 04-28-10, 06:39 PM.
          "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
          People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

oh my gosh, this is too cute! I love what she said about Barbie, totally priceless!

Comment

lol I can just see Rich Barbie mucking stalls. Love those little girls.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart-n-Pretty View Post
                Sometimes the blessings have nothing to do with money. Adorable does NOT begin to cover it. OTOH, I would NOT want to go to work for this kid when she grows up. Can you say "Type A personality"? I am picturing, Angelika Pickles' mom from Rug Rats.
                So I was thinking the adorable would not be the word I would choose. The worst type of diva in training.
                "The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog." -Ambrose Bierce

Comment

I thought she was going to say

Dog groomer. I agree, maybe a fussy client in the making. Cute for now however.

Comment

She does sound adorable. This story made me giggle. I'm a 4-H leader so I do know how the kids are all involved in their animal projects when they are young and start to loose interest and move on as they get older. But there is a percentage of the kids that stay with it all the way to adulthood. She might be one kid that will keep it up.

Comment

Sounds like my best friend growing up, she still breeds and mucks up behind horses! Barrel races too, "at our age" lol ,Love the answer!
                      ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

Working...
                      X