Business slow ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business slow ?

Is anyone experiencing drop in business all of a sudden the last couple of weeks

Yes. I have had barely any grooming calls, but I get at least 4 calls a day for boarding. Ugh.

Comment

Nope

thank God. Almost all of my customers are pre-booked and I actually schedule time off for my pleasure. I hope those who are slow get the Spring fixer uppers at least.
      Money will buy you a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of it's tail.

Comment

yes!! I get a bunch of grooms and than nothing for a few days.

Comment

Yes, here too. I noticed an unexpected slowdown late this and next week. Not sure why.... thought I'd be packed this month and next. You never know tho, the phone will suddenly start ringing off the hook. But it has been rather quiet..... chirp chirp.
          A Light exists in Spring, Not present on the Year, At any other period -- When March is scarcely here...~~ Emily Dickensen~~

Comment

I wish. I've been praying for it to slow down a bit, I really need a break. My daytime groomer has been really busy lately though her weeks can vary since she is still establishing her clients. She works part time and last week I think did 15-18. Since not that long ago it was more lik 5-6 a week, that's a huge jump. This week is slower for her though and the people that keep calling are either my regulars or new cat clients and she doesn't groom cats. I am booked for myself until May 27 I think. Don't have the book in front of me, but I feel so bad when people call and I can't get them in. I know some groomers are booked further out than that, but I've been working 7 days a week to try to accomodate as many people as I can and still feel like I'm just not making any headway. I will be taking Mothers Day off. In fact this afternoon a client is coming to my home with her dog. Well, it's a foster dog and he's going to an adoption clinic this Saturday and wanted to make sure he looked nice. I do these grooms for free for this rescue group and I really wanted to make sure he got done before his chance to get a home. I've seen him once before and he's a doll, but had just had surgery so I only trimmed his face. She washed him yesterday and I'll just clip him in my kitchen. Of course, I'm not complaining, it was my choice to groom him, but I just wish I had more wiggle room in my schedule. I had wanted to take Monday nights off but have stopped doing that. BUT I'm making money and hubby and I are actually able to pay off DEBT! which is a HUGE YAY for us. We're actually making more than we need to spend. First time since the kids came! Of course, I am still paying for the conversion on my bus.
            What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

We have had a slow down, well as in we were not booked more than 3 days in advance, but still booked every day. Here we have had colder weather and rain for the last week, so I know that is what the problem is here. Not to brag, I am very, very thankful our salon is so busy. After the bf being laid off for 6 months last year we are just starting to get back on track and get some debt paid down. We have 11 groomers too, so if it started to slow down it could get very ugly in here.
              I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
              -Michelangelo

Comment

nope

I'm getting tons of calls.
                i do notice in the winter months that the phone rings less the last week of the month, and i figured out why most people pay mortgage/rent and or bills !

Comment

Yup. My initial warm weather rush is over, and in rolls the last week of the month. The last week of each month is always slowest for me since those on fixed income and assistance run out of cash this week.

Comment

We are getting the same number of appointments but a ton of no-shows. Even when we confirm the night before they still might not show and same day appointments not showing. We had one groomer come in on Tuesday last week with 7 dogs for the day and not one of them showed in spite of 5 of them confirming on Monday evening. I still don't get how people don't understand that it is rude to not show up when you are supposed to. It's not like they didn't know the appointments existed or hadn't had the opportunity to cancel/reschedule.

I have been banking it though on walk in nail trims, I got more than one an hour yesterday on top of two bath-only dogs.

Comment

We were really busy at my p/t shop job all of March untill Good Friday,, then it just died. They even hired another groomer. The last few weeks we have been really slow!!! My housecall business is going good, and I have even picked up a few new customers. I just don't get it.

Comment

Same here.... We have all of our pre-booked dogs but hardly getting any calls at all. Very strange and we are down this month from last year this month by almost $1,000. It kind of has me a little worried!

Comment

i dunno guys...but ya know what...when someone did say about the last week of the month being slower because people are paying bills that are due at the beginning of the month...that honestly might be why. also you guys that are busy....is there alot of other groomers in the area or are you just surrounded by petsmarts and petcos?
                          just curious.
                          Hound

Comment

I had a fabulous month! Now I'm slow again.

Comment

Working...
                            X