Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Sponsor: Breathe Healthy Grooming Masks

Breathe Healthy Masks are Purr-fect for Groomers

Williamsburg, Virginia, March 10, 2010 – Breathe Healthy® masks, treated with Dow Corning’s cutting-edge AEGIS Microbe Shield, offer high performance and comfortable, effective, and fashionable protection against allergies, pollen, dust, dander, viruses, and more.
    Breathe Healthy® (www.breathehealthy.com), based in Williamsburg, Virginia, has been selling these multi-layer, high-tech masks since 2006. The cloth filtration masks are treated with Dow Corning’s AEGIS Microbe Shield, which underwent years of research and development and dozens of studies verifying the safety and performance of this technology. The antimicrobial treatment kills germs on contact, is environmentally safe, and is still effective after 100 washings.

What makes the AEGIS Microbe Shield so unique is its chemical technology that can be applied to clothing, making it anti-microbially active. The AEGIS Microbe Shield technology permanently bonds with the fabric and will not leach or diminish overtime. The technology relies on the coating on the fabric remaining affixed and killing microorganisms as they contact the treated surface.

Breathe Healthy masks have become increasingly popular with pet groomers. Many groomers work every day in environments with suspect air quality. The term “groomer’s lung” has even been coined for the long term effects of the occupation. As pet groomers became fans of the masks, Breathe Healthy started to offer them in pet-friendly patterns, such as paw prints and dog prints. Now, groomers finally have unique and stylish protection from daily exposure to dander, dirt, and other minute particles associated with clippers, shavings, and nail trimming.

“Breathe Healthy masks were designed out of the need for a better face mask,” said Mike Vahey, a U.S. Army Veteran and owner of the company. “The world needed a mask that was comfortable, effective for everyday use, and could be used more than once. There is no other mask on the market that combines the features of permanent germ resistance, comfort, adjustability, custom designs, and reusability/sustainability.”

Not only are the mask’s high-performance protection unique, they also offer a washable and environmentally friendly alternative to the wasteful, one-use-only, hospital paper masks. The durable Breathe Healthy masks, when cared for properly, can last as long as your favorite t-shirt.
    “This technology enables us to offer people a superior mask, along with child sizes and multiple colors and designs,” said Vahey. “What I love about my job is providing people a better choice in protecting themselves and their children from dangerous pandemics, viruses and allergens. Breathing clean air and being better protected from airborne pathogens is a big deal in today’s world.”

To order or to view a complete list of masks styles, sizes, and pricing, please visit www.BreatheHealthy.com or call (757)-903-4176.
    Attached Files
    Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

very cute. I use them and the antibacterial spray.
    Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
    "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

Wow! Was just Thinking 'Bout Ordering These

I saw these in GTG. Now just wonder what I'll look like with a mask and my onion goggles! LOL!

Comment

I just got one of these at GroomFest in Colorado.

So far so good. I really like wearing it during the hand drying process. My face doesn't get all sweaty like I thought it would, and I am not inhaling all of that gunk that blows off the dog!

I am going to do a little experiment on Monday, I hadn't thought of this until today: My face tends to ITCH when the water is on, when I am washing a dog. I don't know why, but something about the humidity makes me feel like I have hair all over my face. I am going to try the mast to see if it helps with that.

Anyway, so far I like it. I need to practice a little more at wearing it during grooming, but I am an obsessive/compulsive "hair blower-offer" when I am scissoring. I DO NOT like hair on my table, it distracts me and I can't see my lines clearly. I can't blow the hair off the table if I have a mask on. I think I have a bad habit to break! lol

Tammy in Utah
        Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

Originally posted by SpikeyTheYorkie View Post

but I am an obsessive/compulsive "hair blower-offer" when I am scissoring. I DO NOT like hair on my table, it distracts me and I can't see my lines clearly. I can't blow the hair off the table if I have a mask on. I think I have a bad habit to break! lol

Tammy in Utah
          ROFL, sounds like me!!! Can't stand it under my feet either UGH! I'll stop in the middle of grooming a big dog (lots of hair) and sweep or vacuum. I was watching some of JM's DVD"s and kept wanting to blow that hair off the table! I just can't see what I'm supposed to be trimming.

Comment

Originally posted by neanea View Post
            ROFL, sounds like me!!! Can't stand it under my feet either UGH! I'll stop in the middle of grooming a big dog (lots of hair) and sweep or vacuum. I was watching some of JM's DVD"s and kept wanting to blow that hair off the table! I just can't see what I'm supposed to be trimming.
            I hear ya---I want to tell Jodi to blow the hair off the table near that one foot, but she can't hear me! lol

I forgot to do my "experiment" today that I mentioned above, but I still wore the mask for drying and I do believe it is a good thing.

Tammy in Utah

Comment

The most comfortable mask ever finally.

Comment

Yep, I have 2, really helps with those big hairy ucky things that stoll into the shop on occassion!

Comment

I've been wearing mine for drying the dogs every day and I really like it. It can NOT be good to be inhaling all of that gunk that is blowing off the dog while I'm drying it.

These masks really are comfortable if you have not tried them. Definitely worth if to help avoid health issues.

Tammy in Utah

Comment

I have one and have used it only a few times thus far, but it is comfortable, I just really have a hard time wearing anything on/around my face wish it didnt bother me at all but I go in phases of wearing ...
                    glasses/goggles, earplugs, and mask...
                    I even feel funny wearing sunglasses... ugh!

I try to get in habit of wearing such protection...
                    hate to see our lungs in years down the road... or even now!
                    dont want to lose hearing either
                    and i have already been to the er for nail grinding dust in the eye!!! that was painful! but then again, i cant seem to see well enough with safety glasses on!!!

ugh!!!

any whooo...
                    yes, great mask!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X