Good Karma my A$$

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Karma my A$$

So I have been super good, doing for others not for myself for three plus years. Heck I as really good for my whole life. Anyhow, it doesn't matter, I get nowhere. We can not sell our house, the realtor ignores us (seriously) and writes tacky descriptions regarding our house. So here we sit, other homes all around us selling (not as nice too). Even if we do sell, we need to take out a personal loan because the darn home is underwater. Of course we have done many improvements since we moved here. The realtor sold us a home with appliances that looked nice but didn't work, now he doesnt want us to take the new appliances I bought because it is the only selling point. One week til the tax credit ends and only 4 showings since February. No one will help us, we are current on the mortgage. Now we must move into a rat hole because it is all we can afford with this mortgage. The community hates us because I stopped the free grooming and apprentice training. So what is Karma, and why does it ignore me? Does anyone have any ideas how we can get out of this horrible mess we are in? We have to move (Military PCS) . I don't want to sink anymore money into this money pit. I don't want to rent this place because honestly the unemployment rate up here (except for groomers) is around 14% and it seems that camp is more important than paying bills. People just hang out and stay on state aid up here, it is super frustrating. Sorry about the vent, I just need to!

I'm sorry to hear I hope things turn around for you soon.

Comment

my girlfriend just went through the exact same thing...she decided NOT to repaint the master bedroom or lower the price of the house, chewed out the realtor, said some prayers, vented and settled in for the long haul, and now they have a contract on their house. I think things will look up for you soon..it will get better

Comment

a lot of unerwater people are just walking away and forclosing. I think I woul drather do that rather than owing 75,000 more than a house is worth the interest alone over 30 years on 75,000 is worth the consideration.I dont know for sure what I would do in your situation but I know id be thinking long and hard about it. I wish you all the luck who knows maybe some baody out there will just have to have your place.

Comment

2 things sprang to mind when I read this...

1. do you have a signed contract with this realtor? if so is it a major company & can you 'report' this individual to the company? if not call teh better business bureau!

2 dont laugh... if it is underwater, or has other issues... I know of way to many people who joke about making sure the insurance is up to date.....LOL

sorry, couldnt resist.. my best friend always said one can live in saddness for a very long time... find a way to laugh at things, it really helps!

Comment

There is a special program offered to military families in this situation! you should check it out! The government will buy out your loan, but the banks can't or won't tell you about it. I think you can find out more about it on

military.com -

http://www.military.com/military-rep...SRC=miltrep.nl

or go to

clarkhoward.com -

"Mar 05, 2009 -- Military homeowners benefit from stimulus package
            It's hard for Clark to find much that he likes about the $787 billion stimulus package. But there is at least one benefit for military homeowners not being widely reported.

Military families that have sacrificed so much frequently face the added burden of having to move posts every 3 years or so. That means buying a home at each duty station and selling the home at your previous post.

The stimulus package actually offers compensation for those who are forced to sell at a loss -- for up to 95% of that loss. This applies to your primary residence purchased before July 1, 2006.

Why that specific date? That's the generally accepted marker at which housing is considered to have peaked in the United States.

Meanwhile, the government can also underwrite the cost of buying a house up to 90% of the home's previous value under a separate provision of the stimulus package.

The Washington Post has a detailed story that fleshes out additional information.

And the cost of these provisions? The best guesstimate puts it at $555 million, an amazingly minor sum that's just a fraction of 1% of the total package.

The consumer champ is glad he has something positive that he can report about the stimulus package. This is one ornament on the Christmas tree that he can believe in!"

Comment

Sounds like you need a kick ass realitor to do the job. I groom a lot dogs for real estate agents. I groom ones for the strong headed go getters who go out and sell sell sell. Several of them make mucho bucks because they are so aggressive.
              Then there are the ones that sell one house a year.
              So I would start hunting around for the top of the notch agent OR someone who is starting out and is hungry for work.

One woman whose dogs I groom lost her job last year. She decided to do a 180 degree turn and go into real esate. She got her lic. and landed a job in December (I think it was December) with an agency. Sold her first home a month later. Sold three more. She sold homes that were the fixerupers. She actually went to one house and mowed the lawn on a sunday morning.

Comment

NeaNea, thank you so much! I have read tons about this program. Unfortunately, it does not help us because of the drop dead purchase date. I guess Congress wants to reward those who hide out from deployment etc. Military members are supposed to PCS every three years, so if a Military member purchased a home within the thee year window, they are in essence out of luck. It kind of sucks and there is no way to waive it. The USMC (which you guys know I was in) really has put us over a barrel all the way around on this one.

Comment

Go to daveramsey.com, click on the real estate endorsed local provider and see if there is someone from your area listed. I don't know how your home is priced, but you may have to take a hit to sell. I would consider renting until the market changes..which it will.

Comment

I went to dave ramsey and filled out the ELP request. They will look, but no surprise to me, there is no one in my area. We are already taking a hit. We will have to come up with at least 10-20K of personal funds just to sell. Thank you guys so much for good info, I will pray hope and read up I guess. This whole situation beyond makes me insane!!

Comment

Selling and buying anything

depends on financing. If you can't get a cash out, then get creative. Sell on a lease option to buy or carry your own contract with stiff recourse if they are late on payments. My mom used to buy and sell little rentals left and right in what was then considered a bad economy never stopped her and she always had something coming or going. She always sold on her own contract.

Comment

I have a friend who most people think of as very flighty. But, when she is having a serious conversation with you, sometimes you get a nugget. I'll share one with you.
                        I am a good person. I believe in justice and fairness, and I set a high standard for me to live by. This does not mean I am not human and have never made a mistake, but I have never intentionally set out to hurt some one. I was railroaded a few years ago by peers. They were coming out of the woodwork, it was my own fault I allowed myself to be pushed and finally it resulted in me being very hurt.
                        While I was sitting there crying (literally) about life, family, opportunity and why things pass me by, and why doesn't Karma reward me, she said.
                        "have you ever rethought that? Have you ever thought that Karma is holing you back so that you are available for something better? That what you want and need now, may be met in a different opportunity?" I never had. And while I still do wish life hadn't been so hard at times, and that things went smoother when I needed them to, I would not be with the love of my life, I may have found some one else, but it would never have been this. I may have finished college with my scholarship and had a different career like I thought I should have, It would never have been this. Our first house didn't have to be taken from us from no fault of our own, I would not have been able to create these memories that are worth more than that house, or the humiliation of having to move back with my mother. My mother also never would have first hand seen how wonderful and supportive my husband is, she never would have realized how much she helped me make good choices, if she wasn't there to witness.
                        Anyways, it may seem a little floaty and off topic, but some of the best things that have happened to me were because of the definite worst things that have happened to me.
                        Keep your chin up, and power through.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkgroomer View Post
                          I have a friend who most people think of as very flighty. But, when she is having a serious conversation with you, sometimes you get a nugget. I'll share one with you.
                          ///
                          Keep your chin up, and power through.
                          I have been through that. I didn't have any wise friends, I just saw how something better happened because I wasn't where i had planned to be. What pinkgroomer says is so true.
                          "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                          People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Originally posted by azoci View Post
                            depends on financing. If you can't get a cash out, then get creative. Sell on a lease option to buy or carry your own contract with stiff recourse if they are late on payments. My mom used to buy and sell little rentals left and right in what was then considered a bad economy never stopped her and she always had something coming or going. She always sold on her own contract.
                            That is brilliant!!! I love that!!!!!!!!! Thank you

Comment

I'm sorry you are having so many issues.N Michigan is a tough place and right now it is a buyers market, the only problem is there are no buyers.
                              keep a positive prospective on the whole situation, karma does not always reward when we feel it is deserved .Things will turn around eventually just keep the faith.Best of luck to you and your family.

Comment

Working...
                              X