My Bad Habit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Bad Habit

Alright, I'm going to fess up and tell you my bad habit. I'm confessing because I think I've broken it. My bad habit is clipping down the front of the leg causing a slipper foot. After spending two conventions in Jodi's booth listening to her DVD's, I've stopped cold turkey. They'll be no more of that! There will be nice fluffy scissored column legs in my future. Thank you Jodi!

What's your bad habit?
    www.gomobileandsucceed.com
    http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

I know I love her dvds, I've learned more from watching her dvds, than school itself she is a great teacher!

Comment

I take off a westie head from right behind the ears. If I don't concentrate really hard I always take the head off right behind the ears. It looks ridiculous and I can never stop myself from doing it. I know better I just go to town and take it off without thinking.

Comment

Rabbit foot....UGH.....I never do it on the front feet but I have to be really careful on the back feet, esp. Maltese, that I dont make pointy little rabbit feet. I think it is how I hold my scissors when I trim around the back feet.

Comment

Ears !! I am terrible with getting the ears even ! Ugh. Example.... maltese, straight cut on ears, but then when they look up, I get choppy uneven ears. So, I fix it, then put their head straight again and what do I get? Uneven ears. So then I cut around the ear leather and to get them right. Looks great, but not what I planned. Ahhhhhh !!

Comment

Originally posted by puppy love View Post
            Rabbit foot....UGH.....I never do it on the front feet but I have to be really careful on the back feet, esp. Maltese, that I dont make pointy little rabbit feet. I think it is how I hold my scissors when I trim around the back feet.
            I need to watch that myself. It's an improvement from what I used to do though - take every single foot super-tight, since I was so used to doing it at school. When I started at the shop, we had a Bichon come in; his nickname is still "Peg-leg the Pirate", whoops!

Comment

Same as puppylove. and it is UGLY ! I'm sure I have more, somnone remind me.
              ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

Originally posted by odette View Post
                Same as puppylove. and it is UGLY !
                Here, too....don't 'cha just hate when it happens, too? I'm always like.."oh,sh-t...did it AGAIN!!!"
                lol

Comment

When I was asked what my bad habit was I got the response "being a princess"!

I've conquered shaving down the front of the leg (did that about two years ago),...it seems that what I consider a bad habit is subjective: I don't always pluck ears, I don't do anal glands.

I will admit I usually use the towel I use to dry each dog with I use it to wipe out their ears so I could be better and use ear cleaner and a cotton ball instead.
                  I don't always use bows/bandana's either.
                  ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
                  Apparently common sense isn't all that common
                  *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

I have a hard time getting the chin on trimming a face. I always forget to take the loop off and then, bam, I look at the dog after it's done and theres a chunk I missed where the loop was holding it. I have to be really careful about trimming my chins up nice and tight. Sometimes I also take one side shorter than the other, haha. Ooops!
                    There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Comment

When I scissor hocks, the right one always looks better than the left leg, and I have no clue what I am doing wrong. I now have a
                      left-hock-a-phobia,, hehehe

Comment

Originally posted by OntheBRINKofDisaster View Post
                        I have a hard time getting the chin on trimming a face. I always forget to take the loop off and then, bam, I look at the dog after it's done and theres a chunk I missed where the loop was holding it. I have to be really careful about trimming my chins up nice and tight. Sometimes I also take one side shorter than the other, haha. Ooops!
                        So, THAT'S how that happens...
                        "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                        People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

My worst habit just just thinking the dog would look PERFECT if i take that little bit of hair off..then i take it off and it starts looking weird..so i have to take more hair off..then more hair off...Just not so good at that.

I keep having really stupid moments this week on turning my clippers ON then trying to use that little brush to get the hair off of the clipper blade...so it keeps chopping my brush!

Comment

Wetnoze, what do you mean by slipperfoot? AND i've been meaning to ask you this ? Is Jodi selling her grooming tops online anywhere yet? Do you know?

Comment

Habits

Wetnoze,
                              I was thinking about this post all day today, my conclusion is that you were so lucky to be able to "audit" the lessons given on some of the vidoes! But you did make a great point (no pun intended) on those feet when we have mistakenly clipped the front legs.

Unfortunately, some owners do not want to care for the dogs well enough between grooming appt's. so the clipping is necessary. What I have tried to do in these cases is to use a comb attachment (at least) one length longer than the body and sometimes longer than the back legs.

sittingpretty

Comment

Working...
                              X