German Shepards can only be groomed once a year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• German Shepards can only be groomed once a year

because they need the third layer of coat oils.

I should know because my customer told me so and went in to a detailed description about it when I informed him that was an inaccurate, outdated myth.

um ... everyone knows that

did you know great pyrenees only need their nails trimmed once per year? A client informed me of this after I mentioned her dog's rear dewclaws were growing into her pads.

I learn something new everyday

Comment

lol

well dont you know that your customer knows more about your job than you do?? haha i hate it when customers do that...its like i do this everyday so i think i know what im talking about!

Comment

and when a very matted full coated shihtsu comes in,i need to try to get the matts out cause cutting his fur will not only make him cold but wont ever grow back

Comment

My german shepherd agrees totally, only one bath a year, no more no less.

Comment

A dog will suffer a catastrophic injury if it gets so much as a drop of water in its ears during the bath.

To prevent such damage, a dog needs its ears stuffed shut with cotton balls prior to being placed in the tub.

Just like Labs, Newfs and other water dogs always need done before diving into an icy lake or the ocean to retrieve a dead duck or a dumb human who thought they could swim against the riptide.

Comment

Originally posted by rainingcats&dogs View Post
              and when a very matted full coated shihtsu comes in,i need to try to get the matts out cause cutting his fur will not only make him cold but wont ever grow back
              I've also picked up this tip from a full coated "show" beardie (former) client - came in when she felt like it - maybe every 4 months - "If you work a little conditioner into the matts they come out easier" OH REALLY?!? THANKS! maybe you should work here .....

Comment

Did you also know that young lhasa pups that have fussy fits/ tantrums when in the tub and then again are being dried, "are not supposed to be dried with a dryer"? This expert advise also came from an owner, aren't we lucky to such well informed clients??????????

sittingpretty

Comment

Originally posted by Jadenlea View Post
                  because they need the third layer of coat oils.

I should know because my customer told me so and went in to a detailed description about it when I informed him that was an inaccurate, outdated myth.
                  Jerri Lee wishes you had posted this before she got a bath yesterday

Lisa

Comment

and "labordoodles don't need to be groomed, the coat just forms a protective layer (aka mats) to keep bugs, sticks, ect away to protect the skin"
                    I almost had to ask this client what world she was living on!

Comment

Originally posted by Gracie's Mum View Post
                      My german shepherd agrees totally, only one bath a year, no more no less.
                      My poodle thinks that poodles need that third layer of oil too. All that mats will just work as insulation.
                      "The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog." -Ambrose Bierce

Comment

EEEK ! I have destroyed many gsd's ! What third layer of oils might i ask, the one from under the car that leaks?
                        ~~Everyone is entitled to my opinion!~~

Comment

RE: shepherd bathing....It's TRUE, because I had a customer tell me that that's what "their BREEDER said....they should only bathe them once a year"....ok, maybe, but...YUK!!!
                          I like CLEAN dogs, thank you!

Comment

My three cockers want to be German Shepherds!!!!!!
                            Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

This is good!

My GSD and Lab mix would love to only have a bath once a year. I don't think I'll show them this thread!

Comment

Working...
                              X