For me this was a long day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For me this was a long day

and very little money came in for the hours that I worked.

First appointment at 7:30, arrived on time. Was done with it about 8:30.

Next appointment at 9:00. They had called the night before to see if they could come in later in the day. Her work schedule had changed. No problem brought her in at 1:30.

10:00 appointment arrived. That dog was groomed and out of here by 11:00.

12:00 appointment never showed up.

My 1:30 came and was out of her by 2:30.

I had a lot of waiting in between dogs. Three dogs today and it took me from 7:30 am to 2:30 pm to be done with them. For that many hours you'd think I groomed a lot more than 3 little dogs!!!

Poor planning on my part I guess. I did try to call my 7:30 to move it to 9:00 but he didn't or couldn't do it. Oh well, that's life!
    "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
    Diane

I feel your pain. I'm still new and do this all the time. Between I can only come at 7:30 to I don't get off until 5:00 and the no shows or late appointment in between I'm exhausted some days after only grooming 3 dogs!

Comment

for me it seems when i just have 3-4 dogs i feel like i move like very slow,but when i have more than 8 time flys and so do i never understood that oh well like you said thats life

Comment

I'm thinking you groom at home? Maybe when you have some down time you could make a salad, do a laundry or clean your fridge? lol Just teasing!
        www.gomobileandsucceed.com
        http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

Down-time

Wet Noze, that is exactly what I do! I am thrilled when I have an occasional late show client, then I can "catch-up" on just about anything I haven't finished up at home. Sometimes I get dinner started, another load of laundry done, etc. I work alot of days and alot of hrs. (more than I'd like), so having a few extra minutes here and there is a like a little gift! Once in awhile it is a nuisance, but mostly I am greatful!

sittingpretty

Comment

Originally posted by wet noze View Post
            I'm thinking you groom at home? Maybe when you have some down time you could make a salad, do a laundry or clean your fridge? lol Just teasing!
            Yes, I groom at home, but I'm just a lazy butt and don't want to do anything extra in the house! LOL I have tried doing other things, but I keep running back and forth to look out the window to make sure the late or no show hasn't shown up! I know it's crazy....but so am I!
            "There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face."
            Diane

Comment

I've had a few days like that lately myself and while I mentally tell myself to do some laundry or something in between dogs, I usually just end up sitting here watching tv..
              ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
              Apparently common sense isn't all that common
              *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

Comment

Sounds like we had a similar day but I at least had large dogs.opened at 9 am no scheduled appointments for the day call number one came in at 10 am golden doodle dropped off at 11:30 normally cream/white colored but was black from playing in the pond .. Omg 2 baths to get him clean and to think he was just in for his monthly groom 2 weeks prior.When mom showed up with him all I could do is laugh at how filthy he was. Next was a walk in at 12:30 return customer with a 16 yr old springer dad informs me the dog was diagnosed with bone cancer as of Jan .Then he says to me be careful of her back leg (which she cannot stand on) if it breaks they will have to put her down... Ugh.. I return with the comment way to guilt trip me .. lol... very sweet dog but I was on edge the entire time making sure to keep her comfortable. the owner is very nice... Next was another gentleman walked in to have his 130 lbs golden shaved I think that was his weight after removing 10 lbs of hair lol.. Tg I had hubby to help me out with bathing as I would never had gotten that golden into my tub without his help. But 3 dogs for the day I was whooped

Comment

Working...
                X