My InterGroom results!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My InterGroom results!!

There were some serious works of art in that ring! I feel blessed and honored to have even been there. I haven't graduated yet, only have two first places. I placed in every class I entered. I am Sooooo happy with myself!! It was a truly amazing experience this past weekend. First I got Second with my Wheaten. My one and only mistake was a slightly pinched elbow. Then I got the shock of my life and got first with my Mixed/Miscellaneous dog. I was totally shocked because she had a hypoglycemic attack she started shaking about an hour in and it only got worse from there. I had never seen this before so I just thought she was scared and acting up. The judge (Suesan Watson) had me give her honey during the judging. At that point I was completely letting her relax and not stack or anything. On top of that she snapped at the judge so I really thought it was OVER. Apparently not! ...they loved her Then I was supposed to be done with dogs for this comp (I only brought the two dogs) BUT last minute I found a standard who was being grown out for the Extreme Makeover comp and the groomer doing her dropped out last minute. So even with my past struggles in Poodle class I took the chance and entered her in a class of 30+ poodles and shocked myself once again with a Second place! Then was the Feline Fantasy contest. I am not a cat groomer, but decided I wanted to give it a shot with my cat Alfred Hitchcock. I had 1 hour and 15 minutes to set in clipping plucking, hand scissoring, coloring, set Jewels and glitter. I Barley finished, but in the end we pulled off yet another Second place!!

This show was one of the toughest groups of groomers I have ever been matched against. Everyone who competed did amazingly. It's always a blast getting to know new people Not sure where I'm going next, but I hope it's soon!! For all of you out there debating competing, STOP. This experience is not to be missed. Everyone in the ring is so supportive, there's nothing to fear only to gain
    Last edited by LexPauline; 05-01-10, 01:41 PM.

congrats to you!!

Comment

congratulations! That sounds like alot of fun!

Comment

Clap Clap Clap! Good for you,

Comment

Where OH where

are the pictures?!?!

Congratulations!
          There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Comment

I have two cute pics of Lex and AH if she would like me to attach.

I only got to see Alfred Hitchcock. He was fabulous! Our LexPauline is super awesomeness! She's got the skills!
            www.gomobileandsucceed.com
            http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

Congrats! Everytime I have seen any of your work posted,I have admired your grooming and creativity very much!
              "Everyone needs something to beleive in..I beleive I need another Poodle"
              Quote:Cath

Comment

Originally posted by BoscoandKoda View Post
                congratulations! That sounds like alot of fun!
                alot of FUN????
                OMG, sounds like a day of STRESS!!!!!
                LOL! (BIG SMILE!)

CONGRATS!!!!!

You sound AWESOME!
                PICS, please!!!!!

Comment

Another four paws up.

Comment

A BIG CONGRATULATIONS!!! An we need to see pictures.

Comment

Thanx guys!! Unfortunately I do not have many photos and the one I do have are on FB which I cannot link you to on here. I thought I would receive my winning photos, but in fact, as I just found out today, I was supposed to order and pay for them at the show. Now I think I will never see them as someone told me they do not save them anywhere

Comment

Here's our darlin' with Alfred Hitchcock.
                        Attached Files
                        www.gomobileandsucceed.com
                        http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

Congrats Lex, I have seen photo's of your work and am in awhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
                          You are most excellent!

Comment

Lex, congrats. Intergroom not only gets copies of firsts, it posts them on their site. CONTACT REN the photographer. He has ordered photos for me before after shows. If you dont have his number, contact Christine Defilippo. Ren is awesome.
                            <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Huge congratulations to you Lex! You are a great groomer, lady!
                              Love your hair,,,, and I think you are such a cutie-pie!!!!
                              Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
                              www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

Working...
                              X