Bummer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bummer

I bought my employee a pair of 44/20 Yuki shears at Intergroom. I was so excited to give them to her and then the tips didn't cut. THey grabbed the hair. So I called the company and they were wonderful. Couldn't ask for more, I am sending them back and they will take care of it for me. The parts that did cut did so beautifully and I am kind of regretting not getting myself a few pairs. They had an awesome deal on them since they are changing the design and getting rid of the older stock. Then I bought the Oster 26 tooth chunkers. straight out of the box they won't close properly and catch towards the bottom. They were the one tool I guaranteed myself I wouldn't come home without. I bought the pink ones, now I'm thinking I should have just gotten the black laser. Then I pull out all the blades I purchased and realize I bought a 5 skip accidentally when I meant to get a 5F. Didn't pick up the 6F either. I just do so few dogs with anything that short I didn't think I'd get much use out of it. Most of my dogs get nothing shorter than a #2 comb. I do have a couple smooth clips, but not many. And is it my imagination, or does Kenchii not go to a lot of shows? I think the only show I've seen them at is Hershey. I only get to Hershey, Intergroom and the NEPGP Fall show and I was disappointed I couldn't get any Kenchii shears. I really wanted the prodigy set and was hoping for a good deal at the show. Oh well. I'm sure Oster will fix the problem just like 44/20 is, just feeling a bit jinxed I guess LOL.
    What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

I have the Oster 26 tooth chunkers (pink ones), loved thenm for 5 months, then they started catching at the bottom of blade also. I bought a second pair (black) for a back-up until I could get these to my favorite sharpener (Whitman Sharpening). He fixed them for me and told me they need to be be handled very carefully to keep it from happening. Unfortunately, after he worked on them I only did two dogs and they started catching again. I am using my back-ups until I get to talk to Whitman this weekend.
    Lisa VanVleet, RVT

Comment

I was disappointed that Kenchii wasn't there also! I've seen them at Hershey and APF, and was hoping to buy 2 pairs of Pink Poodle or Bumble Bee shears I got a pair of curves from Sharkfin and the swivel is alright but I liked my Kenchii's where I could swap the curve to either side. So we'll see if I swap them for a pair of thinners or straights or just return them.

Comment

My oster 26 tooth chunkers fell about 5 inches while still in the box wrapped up and brand new and chipped the flat edge causing the teeth to stick I had to have the chips taken out before I could even use them and then a dog kicked them off the table and they got about 4-5 chips all along the flat edge and had to send them out again.

They are very sensitive to any kind of bumping or even light dropping even when all wrapped up in the box. I even keep elastics around the blades but they are still very fragile.

Comment

Do you still want to keep your #5 skip? I need one for setting terrier patterns.
          There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by lyttleravyn View Post
            I was disappointed that Kenchii wasn't there also! I've seen them at Hershey and APF, and was hoping to buy 2 pairs of Pink Poodle or Bumble Bee shears I got a pair of curves from Sharkfin and the swivel is alright but I liked my Kenchii's where I could swap the curve to either side. So we'll see if I swap them for a pair of thinners or straights or just return them.
            Intergroom falls the same weekend as one of the largest hair shows in the country (or the next weekend, cannot remember) so since they make more money off Human stylists than pet stylists that is where they choose to spend their money. there are usually dealers there that have Kenchiis though. I wasnt there so couldnt tell you who, but usually some vendors have them for sale.
            <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Particentral View Post
              Intergroom falls the same weekend as one of the largest hair shows in the country (or the next weekend, cannot remember) so since they make more money off Human stylists than pet stylists that is where they choose to spend their money. there are usually dealers there that have Kenchiis though. I wasnt there so couldnt tell you who, but usually some vendors have them for sale.
              i looked EVERYWHERE for Kenchiis at Intergroom and if they were they, they were hiding. The show this year seemed so small. I would think they would have enough staff where they could have someone at a booth at Intergroom, but I'll be honest and say I'm not in the up and up as to how much effort vendors have put into these shows, so I can't really judge.

Comment

One of the sharpeners (all the way in the corner, by a bow vendor) had a very pairs of Kenchiis for sale, but they weren't what I was looking for (I only saw the Scorpions and a pair of 5 Stars I think, both of which I have).

Comment

Originally posted by mylady View Post
                  i looked EVERYWHERE for Kenchiis at Intergroom and if they were they, they were hiding. The show this year seemed so small. I would think they would have enough staff where they could have someone at a booth at Intergroom, but I'll be honest and say I'm not in the up and up as to how much effort vendors have put into these shows, so I can't really judge.
                  You are correct, you don't understand. There are really only about 4 or 5 people who work in the Kenchii office in Atlanta. They have ONE trade show set up (magent boards, banners, signage, etc) which has to be sent to each show and set up. If they send it to one, they cannot use it at another. If the shows are back to back weekends, they do not have time to get them to the other show. There are (I think) 3 people who travel to shows and the others stay at the office.

Hairstylists do not hesitate to spend high dollars on shears. For every $300 pair of shears they sell at a dog event, they sell ten or 15 of a higher end shear at hair shows. We might get 2000 people to attend, they get over 10,000.

Bottom line, if I made ten times the money at a hair show that I would make at a dog trade show I would pick the hair show as well.

I spend m oney on shears but it wasnt that long ago I got blasted saying that this industry is not cheap and someone said that you cn work with cheap shears. WELL I disagree and yet I have been at booths where if it was over $50 the groomers were like, "Who spends that kind of money on shears???" or how about "What do you mean they are $200???" I look at people and shake my head.

Not all groomers get it that shears are worth the money and hairdressers DO GET IT.
                  <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

[QUOTE=Particentral;408236]You are correct, you don't understand. There are really only about 4 or 5 people who work in the Kenchii office in Atlanta. They have ONE trade show set up (magent boards, banners, signage, etc) which has to be sent to each show and set up. If they send it to one, they cannot use it at another. If the shows are back to back weekends, they do not have time to get them to the other show. There are (I think) 3 people who travel to shows and the others stay at the office.

I spend m oney on shears but it wasnt that long ago I got blasted saying that this industry is not cheap and someone said that you cn work with cheap shears. WELL I disagree and yet I have been at booths where if it was over $50 the groomers were like, "Who spends that kind of money on shears???" or how about "What do you mean they are $200???" I look at people and shake my head.
                    QUOTE]

LOL, yeah I figured there was something I was missing. I guess when I think of Kenchii shears and how much so many of us love them I think they must be just a huge company with plenty of people to spare and ship everywhere
                    Thankfully, I've never heard those insane comments LOL. What I HAVE seen are groups, probably from the same salon, looking at shears and all of them trying them out by using their and first finger! OMG, I SOOOO wanted to run over and ask them if that's how they all normally held their shears.
                    As for $200 shears, that's no biggie. When I hear of $30K shears, then I start asking that question LOL

Comment

Working...
                    X