• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas- Rabies Alert

Officials searching for puppy with rabies
    Posted: Apr 19, 2010 2:32 PM CDT

By Louis Ojeda Jr.

BRYAN - Residents in the Bryan area should be cautious of a puppy with rabies, according to the Texas Department of State Health Services.

A man was reportedly given an 8-week-old blue heeler mixed breed male dog last Wednesday in the Joe's Food Market parking lot on Highway 21 West in Bryan.

The original owner of the puppies says it was given to an African American man, possibly in his 30s, who indicated he was moving to Arkansas or Oklahoma.

One of the puppy's littermates tested positive for rabies and Bryan Police, Bryan Animal Control and the DSHS are attempting to locate anyone who may have come in contact with the puppies.

Two of the littermates test results are still pending. Officials believe the puppy may have become infected by a skunk in March.

Anyone with information regarding the whereabouts of the man or if they believe they have had contact with the puppy is asked to contact DSHS at (254) 788-6744.

If you believe you may be infected, contact your physician immediately.

I can't imagine much scarier than that. Can you imagine taking a puppy, only to find out it might or does have rabies, and that you might get it yourself? I'm no where near there, but thanks for posting.
    I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
    -Michelangelo

Comment

Exactly, and then not knowing what state the guy was heading to! I know that several members here groom at vet clinics so thought I'd put this up.

Comment

Working...
      X