annoyed..............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• annoyed..............

So I drove to NJ for intergroom Sunday...my 1st issue was the event closing at 4:30, the website had 6 as the closing time. I was able to get almost everything I needed....except...I wanted to get some SB BB facial...I walked all over the place, asked a dozen people where their booth was...no one knew...today I called them to see WTH they were...oh they were sharing a booth with show seasons...heel-oooo you may want to add that to your email....so no bb facial and they wouldn't give me free shipping to make upp for their goof.....geez

Originally posted by baddog View Post
    So I drove to NJ for intergroom Sunday...my 1st issue was the event closing at 4:30, the website had 6 as the closing time. I was able to get almost everything I needed....except...I wanted to get some SB BB facial...I walked all over the place, asked a dozen people where their booth was...no one knew...today I called them to see WTH they were...oh they were sharing a booth with show seasons...heel-oooo you may want to add that to your email....so no bb facial and they wouldn't give me free shipping to make upp for their goof.....geez

There's far better products than blueberry facial.

Comment

I saw that. Yes, the website said 6:00 pm. I got a little confused and I was working there. Sorry baddod. I would be annoyed too.
      www.gomobileandsucceed.com
      http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

I'd be annoyed too. I hate when they advertise closing a certain time & all the vendors begin packing up & closing down long before.

I can't believe they wouldn't give you free shipping. That would just be good customer service.

Comment

I would be pretty annoyed with the lack of proper info on a website, too. I had this happen to me years ago when I drove to a dog show...(fortuantely I only wanted to watch,) I wasn't entered. The show was not even at the site that was listed on the club's website !!!

-sittingpretty

Comment

I had to search for the BB facial too, but I had pleanty of time.
            My issues were all with Holiday Inn.

I checked in and asked where the designated potty area was. They said, right out there. (In front)

We got to the room and all we could hear was jack hammering. They are renovating. Half the hotel was blocked off. Gym not available either.

Limited menu due to renovations.

Took my dog to potty in the evening, walked all the way to the end of grass where I found a PESTICIDE FLAG!

The next morning, I found the back door and an area there, but let the front desk know I was not happy about bringing my dog where they had recently sprayed. They played dumb, then I was told that is not their property...big run around.

Comment

odd... The times for the Pacific NW Groom Show in Tacoma, WA were listed wrong too. The "entry tickets" said one thing, then the website and flyers said another. Super lame, especially if you have to travel to get there!

Comment

Honestly, I was dissappointed in Intergroom in MANY ways. The hotel was AWFUL. I also stayed at the Holiday Inn. The smell when you walked in the door was like an old gas station bathroom. The construction was awful, the parking situation was terrible, the doggy "areas" were non-existent where I felt it was safe. On top of that, I felt weird. Like I was on an elevator and the floor kept dropping on me and after talking with MANY other attendants, I was not the only one. Some thought it was the hotel, but then I spoke with others who were not at the Holiday Inn who were also feeling the same way so perhaps it was something at the exhibit center. Then at the show there just seemed to be a lot missing. There was no puppy playground area like they've had in previous years, no silent auction. It seemed like there were fewer people there all together. I was supposed to keep Sully in the dog holding area but when I went back there, well, it was nothing like the security at previous shows. There was no fence, just some backl curtain. I walked into the holding area without anyone raising an eyebrow. There was no gate, no security guard letting you in and out. So I did not feel comfortable at all leaving Sully there.
                I LOVED seeing so many people from the board, I loved the great deals I got at many of the booths, loved the cat competition, but overall I was kind of disappointed.
                What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

Comment

Originally posted by lorie View Post
                  I had to search for the BB facial too, but I had pleanty of time.
                  My issues were all with Holiday Inn.

I checked in and asked where the designated potty area was. They said, right out there. (In front)

We got to the room and all we could hear was jack hammering. They are renovating. Half the hotel was blocked off. Gym not available either.

Limited menu due to renovations.

Took my dog to potty in the evening, walked all the way to the end of grass where I found a PESTICIDE FLAG!

The next morning, I found the back door and an area there, but let the front desk know I was not happy about bringing my dog where they had recently sprayed. They played dumb, then I was told that is not their property...big run around.
                  I have never been more disappointed in a hotel in my life than i was with that one. I need the gym. I needed to not smell feces in the hotel and the jackhammering put a damper on being there.

Comment

Not to mention, the refridgerator was so cold it froze Natalie's raw food. I had to try to thaw it with the microwave. What's the point in cooked raw food?

I kept her with me most of the time because I didn't want to leave her behind the curtain either.

Comment

I liked Intergroom but the hotel was annoying, it smelled like sewage on the first floor, the noise during the day sucked...
                      Loved the court yard and choice of places to go and eat, that was awesome. I thought the awards dinner spot was disappointing
                      I did like the set up, I liked that, so much room!
                      I was also at Holiday inn and checking out was a PITA!!! I wanted to do it the night before since I was leaving at 5am...but they couldn't do it...then when I went down in the morning it took 30 mins, she couldn't figure it out...so annoying!!!

Comment

Originally posted by arlaede View Post
                        Well, don't be a Bogart. If you know about something better share with the rest of the class. LOL!
                        "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                        People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

I also will not be staying at the Holiday Inn again. It would have been nice if we were notified that the hotel was under construction. I wouldn't leave my dog at the expo center either (there was no one watching when I walked through either.). My husband drove down Saturday to watch me compete. We had plans to stay at the hotel and order a nice room service dinner, so we didn't have to leave the dog, but, because of the construction they had no room service. When my husband took a shower, the water was cold. I was lucky to catch it at the right time for a hot shower. I was not happy about the pesticide either. I can't believe they could get away with charging $100 extra to have a dog there. I definitely did not feel safe there...especially after hearing someone's stories about their time away from the hotel.

It was wierd for me this year. I don't know if its because everyone was spread out all over the place in different hotels, but it really felt like there weren't as many people, and I didn't really get to socialize with anyone outside of the show because of the setup. I also had a vendor, that was suppose to be holding a clipper for me, sell it and then tell me he thought the other person was with me, even though I had filled out all the paperwork with name, number, etc.

I liked the setup...there was much more room to move around, and easy to buy things when needed.
                          don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

I only went for a few hours on sunday, thought the show was so much smaller than previous years. at least I only had to drive from long island. I also was surprised by BB, had gotten an email from them prior so I knew they were in show seasons, however they did not have all their products there. had a customer I wanted to pick up the manderin orange conditioner for, but there was none there. had to orderonline when I got home. have to keep the customers happy.

Comment

Originally posted by arlaede View Post
                              yeah...not the point of the thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X