Les poochs brushes wires bending!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Les poochs brushes wires bending!

Do you find some of the wires on your Les Poochs brushes bend out to the side? I am very carefull with my brushes and this still seems to happen (I don't brush sideways only straight). I have learnt never to share them as other people can be really careless with them. How long do you find on average - say a yellow/green single brush will last?

Hmmm...I can't comment on their longevitiy but I can say I've had my oldest for two years and it still looks, feels, and works like it's brand new.

The only two things I can think of that might be causing the bristles to bend are #1: How are you storing it? and #2: Getting dropped constantly. (the force of the drop, and then sometimes I don't notice and step on them...but I've done it a few times and nothing's happened to mine!)
    There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Comment

Yes It happens to mine and I am also very careful with my brushes. For the price, it is kind of distressing but whatchagonnado right?

Comment

I cant really help you with the LesPooch brushes, I dont own any. I can share however that in all the years I have been grooming... brushes do wear out. The pins on any slicker brush bend or else they would tear at the skin and they are only as stable as their backing. I am not sure what a yellow green is either... I prefer Lawrence brushes to be honest, the ever so gentle have a soft pad under the actual metal wires and they can wear out. I have had some bend to the side but with good care these still only last about 5-7 years for me (I groom on average 10-12 dogs a day) The terrier brushes (a rigid back, not much give) on the other hand have lasted me over 10 years.

There are so many different products on the market today, unfortunately... when I began grooming (over 30 years ago) equipment was made to last & last & last. It was the different way of manufacturing. Just about every product was made to last, that was the sign of craftsmanship. NOW?.. things can last but they are also (I hate to say it) it is the way of doing business... if things last for a long time you wont be as wiling to replace them... business' cant make money. If you have things that you dont need to fix/replace companies 'could go out of business' OR they must always go out for new customers only... Very few... and I do mean very few products are made to last. There are a few and amongst them... many need replacement parts all to soon.

Ever wonder why antique stores have so many cool things? when it comes modern times... things are either obsolete in a few years or made to either need replacement parts or replacement too soon (IMHO). I often think back to what my grandparent used to say "You get what you pay for" well in todays world... everything costs according to variables; manufacturing (parts & Labor), shipping and never forget... replacement

Comment

Depends on how much work you are doing. Mine last about 6 before the wires start to bend. I replace it about 9 months, but I am brushing out 20+ dogs a day.

Comment

I think too it's how you clean them out, I always use my sweeper to suck off the hair, I NEVER use a comb as it bends the bristles..

Comment

My red les pooch bristles are all messed up already & I have only had it about 6 months.
              I too am very careful with it, so am a bit disappointed. It really is a great brush though, just a little pricey to have to replace after 6 months

Comment

I talked to one of the ladies at LP and she told me that if I had some tines bending just to pull them out it wouldn't hurt anything that there were plenty of tines and not to worry about it. I have a few bent but not a whole lot of them. I've had mine for about 2 years and use them on most dogs and they're good as new.
                ~*~Robin~*~
                "In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."

Comment

I have had some of mine for over 6 years, I do anywhere from 7-12 dogs in a day, except for right now, I am just getting back to 3 a day. My double purple has a few bent ones but I dropped it a lot and store it in a drawer where it got squished a little.

Comment

I don't have the les pooch, but I got the one from pet edge lot cheaper works great at getting out mats and undercoat.

Comment

I drilled holes in the handles. They get hung up when I'm not using them.

Comment

This happens to mine too, I asked them about it and they said to handle them better, but it still happens. They also said I can pull out the bent pins with pliers. So far it's working and I still have most of the brush left, lol

Comment

Working...
                        X