DIY Cat Grooming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Cat Grooming

So I was at the Pet Expo today in Orange County, CA.

As expected, I was in the Cat building. They were having a CFA show, so sadly there were no Bengals in attendance (CFA's lost).

Anyway, as I browsed the various booths of fairly uninteresting merchandise, I come across a booth selling a product called "ScareyCut". It is billed as "The Simple, Safe & Silent Solution to Trimming the Timid Tabby".

Basicly, it is a pair of scissors attached to a attachment/comb. You get like 7 different sized attachments.

Here is the website http://www.scaredycut.com/ It includes a couple of videos.

If this product takes off, I forsee a lot of chopped up cats coming my way to be fixed. I love people that home groom their animals.

4sibes may want to get this and pursue the cat grooming career she always wished for. LOL

Scott

I think this is a neat idea actually! I've watched my part timer struggle with giving a shorter but not shaved look on a long haired cat, it's pretty much impossible it seems. It looks like this product combined with thinning shears would give a nice look if you practiced with them enough. I don't groom cats so I really don't know from experience. I'm hoping to get back into it more after I go to a seminar in June, anything would help. Be interesting to hear what other cat groomers think of this.

Comment

hahahaha did you watch the video?

Comment

all I can say

YIKES! did I miss something, I clicked on the video but it only showed them putting the comb on the scissor. was there suppose to be a cat demo? do the people that come up with this actually groom pets? scary....

Comment

okay. I saw the video. now I'm really scared.

Comment

Just what I want is a hair cut on a cat that takes hrs to accomplish lol.. oh did I mention that cut looks horrible.

Comment

"Quality barber scissors"? It'll be huge. Like Furminator. Then, like Furminator will be a huge disappointment to cat owners who get scratched or bit and we will start getting calls to fix those ****** home grooms just like we do on dogs with cheap owners.
              "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
              People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

Now I've seen everything. That's a joke. Thanks for sharing that one! They can put that on the shelf with the Pedipaws.
                www.gomobileandsucceed.com
                http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

Originally posted by petpalswi View Post
                  YIKES! did I miss something, I clicked on the video but it only showed them putting the comb on the scissor. was there suppose to be a cat demo? do the people that come up with this actually groom pets? scary....
                  There are a couple of other video's after that one. Just keep pushing the "Play" button.

Scott

Comment

I appreciate you thinking of me Scott.

I am actually thinking of going into kitty grooming.
                    Of course, due to my intolerable allergies to felions...I will be limiting my clientele to that kitty breed that is essentially naked.
                    I'll polish them with a little polisher cloth, put some Amour-all on them, wipe off their whiskers (do they even have whiskers?), tape a little bow w/ a mouse in the middle to their head, and call it a day.

We don't have any of those kitties in this area...but I'll be ready when they do start to arrive.
                    Often it's not what you say, but how you say it.

Comment

I watched the second vid wher he starts clipping the cat and my stomach actually flipped. I see that going really, really badly. I see kids playing about and pulling the skin up to hard and snipping into more than fur. Perhaps I am just paranoid but brrr! Not good.

Though in theory it is not actually a bad idea.

I prefer my kitties hairless Shame I cant persuade the husband that they are not alien invaders.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Sibes View Post
                        I appreciate you thinking of me Scott.

I am actually thinking of going into kitty grooming.
                        Of course, due to my intolerable allergies to felions...I will be limiting my clientele to that kitty breed that is essentially naked.
                        I'll polish them with a little polisher cloth, put some Amour-all on them, wipe off their whiskers (do they even have whiskers?), tape a little bow w/ a mouse in the middle to their head, and call it a day.

We don't have any of those kitties in this area...but I'll be ready when they do start to arrive.
                        Don't forget to glue on coloredy nail tips.
                        "We are all ignorant--we merely have different areas of specialization."~Anonymous
                        People, PLEASE..It's ONLY a website!~Me

Comment

all i can say is...omg....i foresee lotsa unhappy kittys in the future...
                          Hound

Comment

Working...
                          X