help my sore boys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help my sore boys

i'm visiting my step-daughter and she has a kerry blue. neighbor is a groomer but afraid to groom dog. I help (not sharp blades, scissors, NO clipper vac) we groom. his testies were matted so I used a 10 blade to clean privates. I'm used to a cv-you guessed I have a dog with a licking problem, they were matted! help! today going to borrow a e-collar, bag balm. I have never done this before, I guess my cv keeps me from doing this.

HE may have already been licking/chewing and that is why they were matted.
    Use some calming cream or spray; anything non stinging.

Comment

That's what I was thinking edderland...

I use witch hazel.
      There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Comment

Bactine

Bactine soothes and can be put on each time he starts licking.

Benadryl can make him sleepy and reduce inflammation. If used for a few days (the Benadryl and Bactine), the skin will likely be over the sensitive period and he won't keep at them.

Comment

If I read it right, you used a dull ten blade....that will ALSO cause irritation because dull blades drag and pull......I use benedryl spray and gold bond powder.
          <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

witch hazel would burn from the alcohol,I would think. he is much better today. the bag balm is working great today. benedryl last night and a pair of little girls undies seemed to help. i agree with the dull 10 blade. thanks for the suggestions

Comment

Ummm Witch hazel has no alcohol in it.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-witch-hazel.htm
              <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

I swear by Bag Balm...! I keep the large tin of it in my salon & another at home. Ever have really ruff heels? Bag Balm, chapped lips? Bag balm (when you go to bed, not when you are going to be licking off during the day...) paper cuts, hair splinters, dry cracked hands from shampoo, wind chapped skin, sun burns.... dogs that get dry noses, dry pads, just about any skin issue that may lead to irritation...the list goes on & on...

it may not be 'new' & improved, the hip thing or even smell all that great (to some at least) but Ill say this... been working for over 100 yrs and still going strong! the stuff is amazing & you cant deny... proven results!

Comment

OK, well the first thing I thought of was that some dog headbutted you in the privates really hard. For that I would prescribe a large margarita and some advil.
                  Skin works is also magic stuff on owies, I put it on cat scratches and it takes them right down. I get a lot of scratches from my little one, so I use it almost daily.

Comment

Originally posted by Particentral View Post
                    Ummm Witch hazel has no alcohol in it.

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-witch-hazel.htm
                    thank you so much for educating me. I was always afraid to buy it thinking there was alcohol in it. sounds like a product I need in my shop. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by RPS View Post
                      or even smell all that great (to some at least)
                      Dood, bag balm smells like honey to me, I LOOOOOOOOOOOOVE that stuff! Lasts forever too!
                      There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                      X