OK with losing client

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK with losing client

I am OK with losing this client. Only came to me three times. From the first appt. I realized she would be a P.I.A! She is a hairdresser & tries every time to get me to discount her groooming price and never tipped. She has two maltese. Loved my grooming but said that snowy was doing that reverse coughing after her last grooming appt & would not be coming back. OK, SEE YA & don't let the door hit you in the [email protected]* on the way out! (I did not say that to her but wanted to!) . Some people really make me want to SMILE!

Some people!

You would think a hairdresser would understand about tipping and making money! Did you ask her if she would give you a discounted haircut? My guess would be "no"!

Comment

hairdresser's and nail techs are my worst clients. no show, schedule then cancel because it costs too much, did i mention no shows?, cancel at the last minute, reschedule a billion times. lol
      I cringe when a hair or nail people call, other groomers may not have any problems w/them, but I sure do, lol.

Comment

What do you mean reverse coughing? Did the dog have tracheal issues? Did she have a regular collar on the dog?

Some people

Comment

That would be like me calling back to the hairdresser to say that I won't be back because I started coughing when I got home...after not tipping!

Comment

I agree!

I do a trade with my Hairdresser who saves money by working in her home. She has people coming and going all day. She has A Yorkie and the baby. The Yorkie Mom is nice but her baby has terrible hair and a BAD attitude. I just got a haircut last Monday and I must say, she really zips thru me and gave me what she decided to do. It didn't take her more than 15 minutes and she slightly wet my hair and no wash because I washed it at home only an hour or so before. I now owe her two grooms but made no appt because she said they don't need it yet. Oh yes they do! GRRRR. The baby will never be good if she isn't on a schedule. The owner bathes them often and of course air dries them. She also likes them longer than is practical with those tangled pony tail heads. I could get a weave too but prefer another friend in home professional for that. I watch her with others and she takes her time with them but is a hyper personality and talks fast. I am adjusting to my new dooo, but it is ok. I am flexible. Her dogs need more frequent grooms than 10 weeks and I sure need my hair done more often. It gets confusing who owes who for what and when. Oh, and she is picky, but won't trim herself. What is worse than baby Yorkie hair?

Comment

hairdressers are the most picky customers

Comment

reverse coughing...I am going to guess thats the water up the nose snort thing. Yorkies and maltese always do that to me, stick their face right in the water no matter how hard you try to keep it from going up the nose.

Comment

I have 2 hairdressers as clients. One has 2 dogs. So far no problems. But thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Reverse coughing or sometimes reverse sneezing isn't caused by water up the nose. It is more of a uncontrollable snorting. My shih tzu does it randomly. It was something she was born with it and has done it her entire life.

Comment

I've seen dogs reverse sneeze, and I had a neighbor bring her shih tzu to me at my apartment a few years ago, upset the dog had been 'hacking up a lung' since she came home from the groomer. This dog, I think, got too much water up the nose.

I agree, dis the picky client, but I would double check to make sure the dog didn't get water up the nose or something.

Tammy in south korea
                      Groomers Helper Affiliate

Comment

I love when hairdresser clients bring me in their dogs after they try to do it themselves with their people clippers. LOL

Comment

very fussy folk

I think it's because the hairdressing world is highly competitive. there are hairdressers EVERYWHERE... so they think they know everything, they demand the perfect service cause they assume it's the same thing... you wet the dog, you cut it's hair... how complicated could that be???

Comment

Isn't the dog just sneezing (in reverse)?

I think it's funny that all you have such problems with hairdressers. I have three or four and none of them actually comb the dogs out. So they are always matted, but they are the MOST easy going and understanding clients. They also are my BEST tippers. I think they are understanding because each of them tried to groom the dogs themselves and discovered it wasn't so easy.
                            "The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog." -Ambrose Bierce

Comment

I luckily have a lot of hairdresser friends/clients, so if I don't like how my hair is being done I will just move on to the next! My last hairdresser, while I ADORED her and she did an awesome job on my hair, had 8 dogs! A golden, a standard poo, a mini poo, two toy poodles, two berners, and a terrier mix. She likes the topknots on the poodles to be long and wants me to do different stuff with them, from a Sanjaya ponytail mohawk to cornrows to little buns, and she likes them in creative cuts. I can pretty much do whatever I want and BOY are they time consuming. I moved to a salon a half hour away and did them about twice from my home before she asked me to reverse french braid (Lady, I can't even regular french braid my own hair). That was my limit! I referred her to a friend who needed the business so it was a win-win.

Now I have a friend who only has one dog and I feel the relief all over again every time I make my appt. We always make sure to do both her dog and my hair on the same day or weekend so we keep track of who owes what.
                              There are 3 different kinds of people in this world: Dog people, cat people, and rational people who don't have a problem liking two things at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                              X