Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's tried posting ads on Craigslist

as a way of advertising your business?

Things are going okay but I seem to have pissed off more clients than expected relocating 5 miles from the old location and really need to get some new clients in the door. I flat out DON'T have the money to do anything else right now for advertising and am hoping this works.
    Any input from any other business owners??
    ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~
    Apparently common sense isn't all that common
    *~*~emipoo on egroomer*~*~*

I just posted ads a couple of days ago and have gotten at least 6 spam emails with links that could be viruses in them and have blocked them all so will see how it goes a little annonying. I'll let you know if it improves at all.

No calls from that yet though

Comment

I've posted my new house call business on Craigslist. It got me lots of hits on the website but only a couple clients. Just be aware that when you do post on CL, you end up getting a lot of spam emails most saying "HEY I saw your ad, let me help you become a millionaire" hehe. They have links in them. DO NOT click on the links. I just delete.

I don't regret posting on CL. I got 2 very nice clients. but you do wade through a lot of spam and bargin hunters.

Comment

I have, but the only clients I've gotten from it were ones that didn't want to pay my price and had OAY dogs. I don't do it anymore.

Comment

I have posted on CL… I got one good return customer… But some callers freaked me out. Not sure if I will use them again.

Comment

I have in the past and did get a few good clients from it. Just don't list your phone number or address on the ad. I ask them to email me back for more information and if the email seems legit and not crazy I will email them my phone number. And yes you do get price checkers, do not give low prices.

Comment

After reading your responses I'm beginning to regret what I did!
              ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~

Comment

Originally posted by Moonpiepoodlz View Post
                After reading your responses I'm beginning to regret what I did!
                Me too I'm getting a few calls that don't leave messages when I'm unavailable I am not sure about those that call for an obvious reason and call more than once and sometimes during dinner time but never leave a message.

Comment

I have tried posting ads but my local competitors get them deleted. Then they would post their own ads so nothign cam eof it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by HOTW View Post
                    I have tried posting ads but my local competitors get them deleted. Then they would post their own ads so nothign cam eof it for me.
                    Oh that's just wrong some ding dong keeps taking my stuff off the billboard at stop and shop

Comment

I never had ANY luck with craig's list, unless you consider those emails from far away countries that offer to "buy" my services if I'll just cash their check and keep the extra for administration fee's or whatever .... DELETE!!!!!

Never had ONE real inquiry, so I never posted again.

Shawn, sorry you are having trouble rebuilding, but it does take time after a move. Keep your chin up and hit the streets to drum up business!

Comment

I have an account with Craigslist. It seems that I have not recieved the spams lately. I post one ad with a link to my website and another one with a link to a commercial I made.

Comment

I have a creigs list ad also I have yet to have one single call from it .I'm also in the local yellow pages again .. no calls ,local advertising booklet also no calls,yellow pages.com many online ads again no calls..I put up coupons/biz cards throughout town and surrounding small towns every client I have had come through my door or has called has either found my coupons or referred by another .Although building clientele has been slow advanced ,But I get return customers.print your own and set them out you will be found slowly but surely.

Comment

Well, tonight I got my coupons made, a door sign done, and a yard sign done. Coupons will go to the vets tomorrow, signs up by sunday evening.
                            I sent flyers to several different pet stores and other vets a couple weeks ago.

In the last 5 years, my biggest return for little money out has been my own coupons...maybe $150.00 spent in all 5 years on them with probably half my clients being from those coupons. I just hope they work just as well this time around.
                            I'm NOT holding my breath on the craigslist thing....
                            ~*~*~Shawn, C.M.G.~*~*~

Comment

It didn't work for me,

but I know Shannon gets a lot of her clients that way. she's had a good start with it. I saw your ad, it looks fine. You just have to filter out the bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X