Do you want to be approached?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you want to be approached?

When I go to the grooming seminars I'm always on the lookout for fellow board members. I have found I get mixed responses at times though. Some people are thrilled to meet other board members in person and some I'm wondering if they would just prefer to keep it an online thing. So, if I happen to recognize you, let me know if it's ok to come over and say hello. A few of you have no choice LOL, like Ellen! QAnd Windyway, if you ever to get a show I'm ever at I'll probably be hugging you before you know who the heck I am LOL. (just really be checking pockets for Cav puppies )
    I never like to make people uncomfortable so feel free to tell me ahead of time. I used to be very uncomfortable with people hugging me, but that was years ago and I have gotten over that.

Stephen: Interesting, and if they are wearing a GroomerTALK logo shirt I would take that as an offer to say hi, right?
    What a caterpillar considers the end of his world, we call a butterfly.

You can come say Hi to me anytime

Comment

I am really shy so I would love to be approached by board members and invited to hang out or share a lunch. The reason I'd like to be approached is because being shy, I might not be feeling extroverted enough to do it myself hehe

Comment

You can come say hi to me too. I sometimes feel uncomfortable approaching people, but love it when people approach me. So for you and anyone else...come say hello.
        don't find yourself up a creek without a poodle.

Comment

I would welcome that, I have learned so much in my short time here it would be great to say thanks in person... but since there are no pics of me up you would have a hard time spotting me. I guess I will have to put up an avatar before All American in august.

Comment

Omygosh, please say hello. I loooove groomers. lol I'll be holed up in Jodi's booth selling her awesome new clothes. Please stop by. Especially you, mylady, for an extra long squeeze!
            www.gomobileandsucceed.com
            http://thesuccessfulpetgroomer.com

Comment

I find it funny how many of us are shy and bad at approaching people when we have to deal with pet owners every day. That is part of my problem is that it is sometimes hard for your confidence to shine through when you are so shy.

I too have a hard time approaching other people so like it when someone else gets the ball rolling and then once I get to know you, you can't shut me up LOL

Comment

I like to meet people from the board but usually when I at the shows I run around like mad because I am late. I have met several people but didn't have time to say more than "Hi' and felt bad about not being able to talk to anyone more.
                However, I sometimes feel wierd because I know a lot of details about any particular person what they never told me personally.

Comment

I personally would love to meet people from this forum.

Comment

I would love to meet other board members. I'm painfully shy about approaching others so it would be great to have others come up to me. I always feel like I'm being to pushy if I approach others. I didn't get to meet anyone at Petquest last years but hope that changes this year.
                    "I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt,
                    and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck
                    www.wagmoresalon.com

Comment

To me it depends on what I am doing. PLEASE do not come up to me in the ring, or when I am on the way to the ring, or in the drying room.....people do that and usually I am stressed and rushed. I have been told I was extremely rude once or twice, but I am in a hurry and cannot stop, so I am focused on one thing, not on socializing. If I am speaking do not come up to me when I am trying to get to my classroom. Otherwise, come on! Say hi. I won't take you head off unless I am REALLY in the middle of something.....
                      <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

I love meeting new people, nothing shy about me. I will talk to anyone, but I do save hugs for my closest friends.

April 25th, I'm meeting another poodle breeder from Vancouver. Am real excirted to meet her. As a matter of fact she owns the sire of Poodleluv's litter.

Comment

Originally posted by Fast Ellie View Post
                          I love meeting new people, nothing shy about me. I will talk to anyone, but I do save hugs for my closest friends.

April 25th, I'm meeting another poodle breeder from Vancouver. Am real excirted to meet her. As a matter of fact she owns the sire of Poodleluv's litter.
                          Oh yeah hugging strangers or strangers that hug me freaks me out. I'm just not affectionate that way.

Comment

please say hello.
                            Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
                            "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

I **love** meeting other groomers!
                              Bulldogs are adorable, with faces like toads that have been sat on.

Comment

Working...
                              X