OT got a new bed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT got a new bed.

We live in an old house in a small town and have been putting off getting anew bed because we just weren't sure if we could get the size we wanted up our stairs. Well we ran across a deal on a Queen set new for $300 and just could't say no. We have been sleeping on two twin beds pushed together which was fine but was getting old having a seam down the middle.
    So we get the new set home and the fun starts trying to get a queen box spring upstairs proved to be a real challenge. Long story short one big hole in the plaster wall, one in the ceiling and dismantling the banister later we have a new bed (yeah) that is getting sold with the house if we ever leave. LOL

In a side note it was the best night sleep I've had in awhile , now off to the home store to get started on the repairs. Hahahahaha
    "I've seen a look in dogs' eyes, a quickly vanishing look of amazed contempt,
    and I am convinced that basically dogs think humans are nuts." - John Steinbeck
    www.wagmoresalon.com

Originally posted by suzy6469 View Post
    We live in an old house in a small town and have been putting off getting anew bed because we just weren't sure if we could get the size we wanted up our stairs. Well we ran across a deal on a Queen set new for $300 and just could't say no. We have been sleeping on two twin beds pushed together which was fine but was getting old having a seam down the middle.
    So we get the new set home and the fun starts trying to get a queen box spring upstairs proved to be a real challenge. Long story short one big hole in the plaster wall, one in the ceiling and dismantling the banister later we have a new bed (yeah) that is getting sold with the house if we ever leave. LOL

In a side note it was the best night sleep I've had in awhile , now off to the home store to get started on the repairs. Hahahahaha
    We once lived in an older home that had a small landing, then sharp turn upstairs. We actually had to cut an angled opening in the wall to get a queen bed up. We also recently got a new bed. Eight years together and finally purchased new mattress and bed. Very nice. Enjoy Yours and SWEET DREAMS~

Comment

LOL, been there, done that. We have a bed like that. When we first moved into this house, our bedroom was upstairs. We had a beautiful brass Queen-size bed. We got it up the stairs, but with some" re-configuring" of the doorway. When we remodeled and added on to our home. The mew master-suite is on the ground level. We bought a new bed, a sleep number. Left the old bed upstairs, that room (and bed) are now my daughter's. We too have said when we move, the bed goes with the house.
      Lisa VanVleet, RVT

Comment

Congrats on the new bed! I just got one at Xmas too, my dad(who never buys me anything) just decided that I NEEDED a new bed and got one delivered a really really nice one too! My back used to hurt almost every day, now it's only have a day of a few large pups.

Comment

Just had a major league dyslexia moment there and read that "Got Bad News" and was all worried till I read the body of the post.

Comment

Congrats on the bed...ENJOY!!!

I found this amusing, because in my parent's house there is a "Notch" cut out in the stairway going up just for that reason.
            lol

Comment

Working...
            X