Finally done my website for

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally done my website for

my new housecall grooming business. It has taken me months to figure out how to get pictures in any decent form on this site because of the software my brother in law used to start me off. He is big in to blogging so when he got me set up for the website he used blogging software.

Anyway... here it is. I still need to add more pictures and I do plan to have a blog but other then that is is finally done!

www.noplacelikehomegrooming.com

I just started the business in Jan.. (keeping my salon job also) and am loving it. Meeting these people in their own homes and having time to really get to know them and discuss their pets and educate them has been really rewarding.

nice job, very professional.

Comment

Really nice!! Very informative, great info for new customers!

Comment

Good job!

That's a very nice site!

Comment

Looks like my web site

Looks alot like my web site from

www.oz-n-company.com

let the groomers on this site be the judge,
          go to my web site
          and see how my ideas where used and copied

watch yourself ,you may be next,when someone comes along and takes your ideas .

Comment

Originally posted by desertdogs64 View Post
            Looks alot like my web site from

www.oz-n-company.com

let the groomers on this site be the judge,
            go to my web site
            and see how my ideas where used and copied

watch yourself ,you may be next,when someone comes along and takes your ideas .
            Not trying to make anyone upset but just offering an outside opinion. Personally I don't think she has taken your ideas, lots of people use the wizard of oz as inspiration for their business. I've seen it in more places than yours and hers. Your websites really don't look similar, just have a similar theme. Just my two cents.

Comment

Your name is very CATCHY! Love the how you tied everything in to the Wizard of OZ. Good luck!

Comment

Love it, the name and the groom pics!
                Bulldogs are adorable, with faces like toads that have been sat on.

Comment

part of the name

and I've had my companies web site for over 5 years now.

Originally posted by elizabeth View Post
                  Not trying to make anyone upset but just offering an outside opinion. Personally I don't think she has taken your ideas, lots of people use the wizard of oz as inspiration for their business. I've seen it in more places than yours and hers. Your websites really don't look similar, just have a similar theme. Just my two cents.

Comment

lol, there's even another groomer on here (furrybestjob) with HER business called 'there's no place like home' too. It doesn't mean it was copied...

Comment

desertdogs64 -

The web sites are VERY different in looks.

The Wizard of Oz still has a huge impact on US culture, and is references to it abound EVERYWHERE, even in scholarly articles, so simply using the theme does not mean that someone is copying YOU. Really.

Comment

It does like alot like my compaies web site, but anyhow

though we don't do in home grooming, and never would. Using people bath tubs to wash their dogs
                        I don't get it,who would let someone do that? are there some groomers doing that

Comment

Great job!

I don't think there are any similarities aside from the Oz theme. There are more house-call groomers than you know. And what exactly is wrong with washing a dog in a household bathtub?

Comment

Desertdog, as I said in my response to the PM you sent me accusing me of plagerism, I do not know you, never heard of you, never heard of your business and until you just posted your website, never saw your site.

The reason I chose the name and theme is 2 fold. Growing up I LOVED the Wizard of Oz. I used to beg my mom to stay up every year when it came on to watch it. Second when I grew up and became interested in grooming and training, my best friend and I were involved in local theater, doing dog training for all dogs in plays. We did quite a few but the best part for me was my own dog, an austrailian terrier did multiple productions of Wizard of Oz, as Toto. The business name is a tribute in memory to him. He passed a couple years ago at 16. That story is slated to be my first blog post.

I looked at your website. Other then the oz theme our sites have NOTHING in common. We don't even have the same business name. I am sorry that you feel copied.

Everyone else, thanks for the comments and feedback!!

Off to work. Everyone have a great day.

Comment

You really don`t have to start bashing grooming in the home. That is uncalled for.

Comment

Working...
                              X