Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Under-employed groomers of the Nation, hear my plea!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under-employed groomers of the Nation, hear my plea!

As you may know, I am moving out of state (MI) soon. I have just learned that a fellow groomer is also moving out of Iron Mountain MI also. To anyone who may be pondering a move, the Upper Penninsula is safe, and very underserved. Marquette county for instance, has one mobile who does not accept clients and several salons that do not accept clients because they simply can not keep up. Housing and commercial costs are very low. For instance there is a shop for rent in my hometown, 300 a month inclusive except electric, and the owner is willing to retrofit (it was a hair salon), there is also a commercial building with great visability for sale (and you could live there) for around 59K. If anyone is thinking about moving and going into business for themselves, please think about the UP, the clients are amazing, and there is great need!!!

Too bad it snows!!!

Sounds great for someone who may love that area. Thanks for the info.

Comment

I would seriously love to move to the UP, I even have property near iron mountian (allbeit one empty acre). Too bad I am broke, untrained, and my boyfriend of two years just bought a house here. Yoopers are wonderful people.

Comment

I'm originally from Niagara, WI - right across the Menominee River from Iron Mountain, MI. It's a good place to live and raise children. Beautiful area, my family is still there. There is also decent shopping and lots of stuff to do outdoors...hunting, fishing, skiing, snowmobiling, etc.

I wonder if the groomer from Iron Mountain is the one that does my sisters Poo Mix? I know my sister has to book a year out to get her dog groomed.

Comment

The UP is so pretty! It really is.
          And hey--!!!! Will you send me the OK to forward you the email from the WAPPS member who is looking to maybe help relieve you of your clients that need a new groomer once you move!!!???? I think your email is no workey or sumthin.
          Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. ~Franklin D. Roosevelt
          www.ChrisSertzel.com

Comment

So sorry Windy, I thought you wanted me to email her directly, so I did. Totally forward anything I send you to whomever you like. My internet service is extremely limited (I am in NC right now).

Comment

i would go!

but it snows way to much..a few friends just moved up to there and live on a beautiful lot!!

Comment

Oh it does snow!! I actually just found out the major pet food retailer up here is looking for a good groomer-opportunities abound!!

Comment

Originally posted by BoscoandKoda View Post
                  but it snows way to much..
                  I was thinking that this is funny.. cause I live way more north than MI, but I suppose when it's mild, but still gets below freezing, there's probably MORE snow, than what I get here.

Comment

Most areas getting 150-250 inches of snow per year is pretty normal, I think the record is 390 inches in a single winter. Did I mention that it won't get warm enough to melt it, so you can end up with FEET of accumulated snow?

That said, I would move back without much hesitation. It is just a magnificent area and the people are wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by Poodlestar View Post
                      I was thinking that this is funny.. cause I live way more north than MI, but I suppose when it's mild, but still gets below freezing, there's probably MORE snow, than what I get here.
                      Yeah its funny everyone complaining about the snow! We wear shorts once we get above zero. Well I don't, but canadians in general. I know this year you got a big dump before us, sucka! LOL.

Comment

Working...
                      X