Town and Country Trim Help......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Town and Country Trim Help......

I have a new client tomorrow that wants the Town and Country trim on their toy poodle. I have done a T&C trim but it's been 3 years and on a standard. I would like to know how you make the stripes or bands on these small dogs. Could you use a poodle foot blade? Any tips on T&C trim I'd appreciate. I'm a little nervous about doing a trim like this. No one around here ever wants anything special on their poos. Thanks.
    ~*~Robin~*~
    "In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."

I don't know what you mean by "poodle foot blade" but a toe blade (refers to the shape of the blade, not that you'd use it for feet) was made for doing narrow bands, or getting into small places like the stop on Shihs.

Comment

I can't help you, I just wanted to wish you good luck! You can do it Girl!!
      "No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin

Comment

Maybe this will help you

http://arpeggiopoodles.tripod.com/poodlehaircutssz.html

Comment

Are you thinking Dutch Trim??

From what I have seen, the Town & Country will not require the "little bands".

It may be anything from short body with scissored legs (no hips and shoulders), to the same plus fancy hips and shoulders, to who knows what??

Take a look at the dog to see if you can still see the clip. If not, do what YOU want that will make it simple for you with a style, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post
            I don't know what you mean by "poodle foot blade" but a toe blade (refers to the shape of the blade, not that you'd use it for feet) was made for doing narrow bands, or getting into small places like the stop on Shihs.

Yes, I meant the toe blade. Sorry about the confusion. I was kinda in a hurry this morning and wanted to have some time to get some feedback before tomorrow. Thanks.
            ~*~Robin~*~
            "In a perfect world, every dog would have a home and every home would have a dog."

Comment

From my 8 Trim Poodle Chart

Town & Country----
              Feet= #30 Face= #15 Tail/Tummy= #10
              Body= #10 blade for the neck ring, back strip, which shold be 1-3 widths of #10 blade,
              and body ring, which begins just behind shoulders.
              Pattern- Hand scissored coat left 2-3 inches long, with accentuated hips and shoulders.

Comment

I took one of my standards out and put it in the T&C trim and I found it wasn't too hard. Might be quite different on a 7# toy though. Guess I'll know in the morn. Thanks

I'll be trimming the rest of that off her this weekend. She likes to swim and play so summer is short for my poos. She's feeling quite beautiful today so I'll let her keep it for a little while.LOL
                ~*~Robin~*~

Comment

Working...
                X